News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

John Cena's Ford GT - at Russo and Steele

Started by Shelby_r_b, August 22, 2018, 06:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelby_r_b

Well, here it is...John Cena's Ford GT up for auction at Russo and Steele:

https://russoandsteele.com/vehicle-details/?show_vehicle=172842&current_index=0&total_results=143&tsauction_id=199&=&caryear=&caryearto=&search_text=&page=featured&showpage=1

I like how they say "First & only unencumbered 2017 Ford GT to be sold at auction"  ::)

Let the bidding begin!
Nothing beats a classic!

sfm5s081

there is also one down the street at Mecum. That whole 6 cylinder thing kinda upsets me. Yes, it's fast... But a V8 TT would have really hit the spot :)

A1965GT350

Even though I never (or will) owned an original Ford GT, that sound of Detroit V8 power roaring through a bundle of snakes exhaust is something that is as an integral part of the cars mystique as its looks and history.
Not so sure that the Eco boost V6 will ever have that of type allure.

kjspeed

I was able to have a listen to the Ganassi GT's at Daytona this year. The cars dominated but the sound of the engine wasn't anything special to my ears. It actually seemed like it ran relatively lower RPM's which I suppose is good for endurance racing.

If I had an unlimited wallet and time on my hands I might buy one and stuff a 5.2 flat plane motor in it.
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

JD

Quote from: kjspeed on August 23, 2018, 08:20:25 AM
I was able to have a listen to the Ganassi GT's at Daytona this year. The cars dominated but the sound of the engine wasn't anything special to my ears. It actually seemed like it ran relatively lower RPM's which I suppose is good for endurance racing.

If I had an unlimited wallet and time on my hands I might buy one and stuff a 5.2 flat plane motor in it.

Jay Leno implied that he was going to do that but I don't think its happened.
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

I don't think it is possible without Major body modification.

FL SAAC

Quote from: A1965GT350 on August 22, 2018, 09:57:52 PM
Even though I never (or will) owned an original Ford GT, that sound of Detroit V8 power roaring through a bundle of snakes exhaust is something that is as an integral part of the cars mystique as its looks and history.
Not so sure that the Eco boost V6 will ever have that of type allure.

+ 1
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

427heaven

My ECOBOOST 3.5 tow vehicle sounds like a toilet being flushed as I pass everything on the road. I have often thought about securing playing cards like I used to do on my bicycles to get that aggressive sound. Twin turbo 6s don't sound good at all. Flat plane cranks also sound weird to me as well, they sound kinda like they cant rev and are laboring in a bad sort of way. Guess that just makes me old the young guys dig it. :(

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: 427heaven on August 23, 2018, 11:09:03 AM
My ECOBOOST 3.5 tow vehicle sounds like a toilet being flushed as I pass everything on the road. I have often thought about securing playing cards like I used to do on my bicycles to get that aggressive sound. Twin turbo 6s don't sound good at all. Flat plane cranks also sound weird to me as well, they sound kinda like they cant rev and are laboring in a bad sort of way. Guess that just makes me old the young guys dig it. :(

Now THAT'S funny!!  ;D
Nothing beats a classic!

Don Johnston

All you have to do is wait a couple of years for a roller frame and body kit (most likely fiberglass, not carbon fiber), and do your own thing for power.  If it looks good enough, only the few knowledgeable will know when you display or cruise in it.  We know how this works over time to other specialty vehicles. 8)

pmustang

I sell old Mustangs

The number one, NUMBER one thing my customers want is "the sound"

I wait until they are practically begging me to start it before I do.

My 07 Shelby sounded like a Honda til I put the KR exhausts on it, how they could sell the car with the stock exhaust note is beyond me

It needs the noise to sell it.

sfm5s081

As they say, "music to my ears!" Same is true with the Dodge Vipers, Corvettes, etc. Toss the stock exhaust and let those babies roar!