News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Hendrick Heritage tour

Started by BGlover67, April 12, 2024, 06:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGlover67

Today the SAAC Carolina's club with the help of Hagerty's Insurance was invited to tour the Hendrick's Heritage Center in Charlotte, NC.  Wow.  Words can't really describe that place.  Imagine if you suddenly inherited a multi-million dollar fortune and then decided to purchase every classic and modern car that ever struck your fancy.  Then put them all on display in a huge indoor building and it just about begins to come close to the collection on display at the Hendrick Heritage Center.  Many thanks go to Hagerty and their local representative Paul Kaperonis, as well as Morgan Beauregard at the Speedway Club where we had a wonderful lunch afterwards.  Also the event wouldn't have happened if it weren't for the tireless efforts of SAAC Carolina's member Stan Simm.  Thanks Stan.

I would post tons of photos of all the rarest and amazing cars that were there, but the Heritage Center has a strict policy of no pictures or even cell phones allowed inside the facility.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

CharlesTurner

Was a great tour, even if there were only a couple Fords in the entire building!   :)
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

FL SAAC

You lucky dogs welcome to Bow Tie Heaven !

Although he has a few other non GM vehicles

What an exquisite site to behold,  not just the cars, but also all the memorabilia that he has amassed from the guitars, footballs, 200 + cars and many of the cars start with vin # 1

Glad you folks enjoyed the tour
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

TedS

WHAT A GREAT EVENT. (caps intentional) Thanks to those who put it together. The only thing that would have made it better is to go back again after lunch. You just can't take it all in in one pass. 

shelbymann1970

As a GM employee and a longtime fan of Hendrick Motors sports going back decades I hope someday to be able to tour that facility. I have toured my GM Heritage facility before with 1 off cars you will never see anywhere else. Mr H is just a class act guy and being a NASCAR fan it has been fun to watch the championships  over the decades including JJ's 7.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Doug B

What a fantastic tour and SAAC Carolina club event. Rick Hendrick's 30+ '67 427 Stingrays of every color combination. No Shelbys in the building, but still some awesome cars - including the original Snake and Mongoose funny cars and their haulers. Hot Wheels come to life!

Thanks Brian, Stan, Peggy and everyone else involved. Recently moved to NC and am glad to now be part of Carolina SAAC.

Doug
69 Shelby GT350 #0170 Fastback 4spd non-A/C
07 Shelby GT500 #4022

NC TRACKRAT

TedS is correct.  This was our second visit and it never gets old. Hendrick has so many more cars in storage, they are continually rotating them and, of course, he's constantly buying.  Hopefully, we can schedule another visit in the near future and, if the RK Collection will have completed their remodeling, we can add it after lunch. It's smaller in size but there are some incredibly significant cars to be seen.
5S071, 6S1467

BGlover67

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative