Author Topic: Sleeping Beauty wakes up  (Read 60344 times)

terlingua11

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Sleeping Beauty wakes up
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2018, 12:59:59 PM »
Sorry, can't seem to get that file any smaller- tried the 999 thing and it didn't work
SFM6S1904
88 Saleen 19R

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2018, 01:17:55 PM »
Like billboard, lol.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

terlingua11

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2018, 03:45:33 PM »
Jeff did 2 wheels for me and he did a great job-
SFM6S1904
88 Saleen 19R

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2018, 11:59:45 PM »
Thanks for the info guys, Holding on at 177 mph means everything to get it right, plus an accurate,correct,finish. :)

terlingua11

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2018, 10:31:10 AM »
Did the attachment feature get revived? Did I miss this?
SFM6S1904
88 Saleen 19R

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2018, 11:38:21 AM »
Couldn't quite make SAAC 43 this year,hope all are having a great time. Making slow but steady progress,its a bitch getting old :-\

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2018, 08:35:09 PM »
Did all 67s get the 2 1/2 wide sintered rear brake shoes, and if so what was the special front brake pads used?  :-[

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2018, 04:36:06 PM »
Anyone with an assist with the brake pad situation. Trying to see if the original stuff will stop as well as the modern pads.

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2018, 06:12:04 PM »
Anyone with an assist with the brake pad situation. Trying to see if the original stuff will stop as well as the modern pads.
Yes 2 1/2 was common on all 67 Shelby's. The attitude on brake shoes and pads changed to the less aggressive after the 66 Hertz Mico fiasco.  I am not aware of a different front pad for 67 Shelby. The front calipers were different in some way according to the engineering number but I can not figure out why. I bet Cobra Automotive would have a handle on a aggressive front and rear shoes and pads depending on your expectations.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2018, 06:22:39 PM »
Thanks Bob- You know the goal is the fastest day 2 SHELBY on the planet. So some of the areas of concern is to build it the way they were back in the day but keep things safe as possible. 177mph is really moving and the original Super Snake didn't have modern Brembo 6 piston calipers so mine will not have these as well. I will have to give Curt a call and see what his awesome machines run on. :)

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2018, 08:40:11 PM »
Thanks Bob- You know the goal is the fastest day 2 SHELBY on the planet. So some of the areas of concern is to build it the way they were back in the day but keep things safe as possible. 177mph is really moving and the original Super Snake didn't have modern Brembo 6 piston calipers so mine will not have these as well. I will have to give Curt a call and see what his awesome machines run on.
I suppose you could get some of Curt's caliper adapters (look comparable to stock) that bolt on the larger 67 T Bird calipers (also need a different rotor). That is what the later TA cars ran . It could conceivably be a day 2 mod given the parts were available back in the day. That would really help stop it. They look identical to the stock calipers just larger. They will not work with magstars however. Anyway just a thought.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2018, 09:38:02 PM »
Thanks Bob- You know the goal is the fastest day 2 SHELBY on the planet. So some of the areas of concern is to build it the way they were back in the day but keep things safe as possible. 177mph is really moving and the original Super Snake didn't have modern Brembo 6 piston calipers so mine will not have these as well. I will have to give Curt a call and see what his awesome machines run on.
I suppose you could get some of Curt's caliper adapters (look comparable to stock) that bolt on the larger 67 T Bird calipers (also need a different rotor). That is what the later TA cars ran . It could conceivably be a day 2 mod given the parts were available back in the day. That would really help stop it. They look identical to the stock calipers just larger. They will not work with magstars however. Anyway just a thought.

I did this mod and would recommend it. How fast do I need to be to beat you? Only 177? :)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2018, 10:10:46 PM »
The Super Snake supposedly ran 175 mph with a then day 2, modded high riser. My goal has always been to get there with a medium riser because that's what all the Cobra guys and racers preferred. I know anyone can drop in a modern bullet that could easily reach that number,so the goal was to get there with 50 year old technology. There is not much info out there that describes the car in detail so basically stock with some muscle under the hood is the premise im going off of. Doug I guess 178 is the number you need to be at. ;)

6s2020

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2018, 11:33:33 PM »
You may want to strive for 183+mph as that has been done on a bicycle, with a tow then released for the mile behind a blocker vehicle  :o ;D

https://www.facebook.com/FireCycle/videos/670357570017769/

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2018, 12:03:15 AM »
I don't have big enough HUEVOS, she doesn't need to worry about that situation. ;D