Author Topic: Sleeping Beauty wakes up  (Read 60294 times)

greekz

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Sleeping Beauty wakes up
« Reply #165 on: February 10, 2021, 10:23:47 AM »
Looking forward to its unveiling.
SFM 6S1134  '67 GT-350 #2339

Doug C

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 10, 2021, 11:18:12 AM »
Can't want to see it, I think that you live in my city, if you need help with photo's let me know.

Cheers, Doug

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 10, 2021, 11:29:35 AM »
It's your show and you run it on your schedule

When you are ready,  you shoot

As of recent discussion it has been mentioned that my car was NEVER the BLUE LADY! I concur it has always been BLUE CHEER!  :-[ Well its a cheery enough name just not sure I like it. After nearly taking a 47 year nap it is almost ready to have some pictures taken of it. I am not too good with taking pics and I was not really proud to show how it looked when I got it, but soon enough I will get some help posting pics of a completed car. My vision is to bring it back to nearly the way the car ran in its first couple of years of life... That was basically looking original with a shot of testosterone under the hood. Currently I seem to have the mechanical things taken care of with the 500+ HP FE but need little detail items to be taken care of. Not holding out on pics just want to present it as a completed car. Again many thanks to all that have helped, with the transformation of a forgotten Beauty!  :)
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 10, 2021, 08:15:20 PM »
 Thanks guys for the positivity... Doug I will ask you for some help when I get there, much appreciated, yes at the top of Copper Hill ;) Tony- you are an inspiration- Keep up the great life style down in Margaritaville, and to all the others that have helped me with my land locked rocket there will be a round of libations for all! Hope to see you guys soon as when we get past the worst pandemic of our lifetime. BE SAFE!

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 23, 2021, 08:54:52 PM »
 A little update from today, I took it out to a little cars and coffee event, seems America is open for business again. Out of approx. 500 people I was the only one wearing a mask, oh well when you loose some family and friends to something like a virus one tends to err on the side of caution. Been a strange year and a half or so but good to see people I had not seen in a very long time. It was mentioned a couple of times looks like you have a few things to finish? That I do ...but glad I was able to see some new things besides the same old same old, be safe and get em out and enjoy them!

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 24, 2021, 06:39:28 AM »
so it was you....

A little update from today, I took it out to a little cars and coffee event, seems America is open for business again. Out of approx. 500 people I was the only one wearing a mask, oh well when you loose some family and friends to something like a virus one tends to err on the side of caution. Been a strange year and a half or so but good to see people I had not seen in a very long time. It was mentioned a couple of times looks like you have a few things to finish? That I do ...but glad I was able to see some new things besides the same old same old, be safe and get em out and enjoy them!

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 30, 2021, 07:20:28 PM »
Well it has been a long while to post any new news on my project, but the upholstery is now nearing completion and should be ready for some completed car type cruising. Something that has taken the better part of 50 years from its glory days, a few items here and there and it will be ready for its coming out party! No not that kind... the other kind. Keep you posted.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 30, 2021, 08:15:08 PM »
Never give up, little by little does the trick

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 30, 2021, 08:43:58 PM »
Thanks Tony- How are things in Margaritaville? Hospital beds in the ICU are full again, out on the left coast. Be safe out there! Like the keepin it positive posts, and pics... keep them coming.

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 16, 2021, 09:34:21 PM »
I located my oil pressure and amp gauges that had been misplaced, but are now reunited and hanging under the dash again since being removed in 1971. :-\ Question I have is where are the 2 heavy gauge wires connect to? The alternator or the solenoid? Also do those 2 wires hide under the cowl brace or route around the shock tower? Thanks in advance-

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 16, 2021, 09:51:14 PM »
I located my oil pressure and amp gauges that had been misplaced, but are now reunited and hanging under the dash again since being removed in 1971. :-\ Question I have is where are the 2 heavy gauge wires connect to? The alternator or the solenoid? Also do those 2 wires hide under the cowl brace or route around the shock tower? Thanks in advance-
It has been a while since you asked about a factory restoration question.Glad to help. The 10 gauge red wire goes on the positive battery cable  side of the solenoid. The black wire goes to the terminal block. The two wires route along and under the export brace then into the firewall.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 16, 2021, 10:01:41 PM »
Bob- As always it is much appreciated for a correct or original type answer. Got the hot lead but the black lead, terminal block? - Fuse block? Please advise.

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 16, 2021, 10:18:59 PM »
Bob- As always it is much appreciated for a correct or original type answer. Got the hot lead but the black lead, terminal block? - Fuse block? Please advise.
Here is a picture from Brandas website . They carry a pretty exact replca in case yours is missing.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 16, 2021, 10:38:56 PM »
I am pretty sure I have one in a box somewhere, I didnt know what it was for. :-[

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 16, 2021, 11:27:22 PM »
There should be two holes in the apron where it was mounted between the solenoid and the battery. it was in a place that was easily bumped when moving a battery so many of them are broken or replaced with a different looking service version.