News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Sleeping Beauty wakes up

Started by 427heaven, January 23, 2018, 09:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 427heaven on September 01, 2023, 11:22:40 PM
No, mine are clear and original to the car but I have some sun x glass that a few buddies want for their cars. I like the tinted look of them, and wondered if ANY came that way from back in the day, and possibly install them?
I would stay with clear which is factory original if it were my car but It's not. It's your car so do what you want .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

427heaven

Thanks BOB... I will put them in one of my other cars. They are not seen very often so thought they might be a cool thing,,, Then again maybe not- :-[

427heaven

Here we are Halloween 2023..... After a long slumber decided to take it out and stretch its legs today. I was looking for more of a treat, and other then a dead battery that was my sort of trick for the day. As the Hot summer winds down and leads into beautiful winter days out west a more focused driving enjoyment can be had. A few more things to assemble but mostly complete car, to relive the way it was back in the day! ;)

FL SAAC

Quote from: 427heaven on October 31, 2023, 07:29:04 PM
Here we are Halloween 2023..... After a long slumber decided to take it out and stretch its legs today. I was looking for more of a treat, and other then a dead battery that was my sort of trick for the day. As the Hot summer winds down and leads into beautiful winter days out west a more focused driving enjoyment can be had. A few more things to assemble but mostly complete car, to relive the way it was back in the day! ;)

Certainly a treat, happy Halloween
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

427heaven

Thanks Tony well wishes to you and yours... Heard the news, you guys got the 66 you were wanting, enjoy it like they were meant to be enjoyed!!! ;)

FL SAAC

Quote from: 427heaven on October 31, 2023, 07:48:13 PM
Thanks Tony well wishes to you and yours... Heard the news, you guys got the 66 you were wanting, enjoy it like they were meant to be enjoyed!!! ;)

Thank you Sir !

Meant to be driven and it will be , shame about those low miles......

I have all UNGOLD cars

427heaven

I was thinking about bringing in the new year with a late night dust off and tire tread reduction, around the neighborhood. Drive em and enjoy em as they were intended. Happy New Year Everyone!!!!! ;D

FL SAAC

Quote from: 427heaven on December 28, 2023, 09:18:50 AM
I was thinking about bringing in the new year with a late night dust off and tire tread reduction, around the neighborhood. Drive em and enjoy em as they were intended. Happy New Year Everyone!!!!! ;D

Now that's a great idea !

And may I be the first to wish you a year of good health, lots of love, and plenty of laughter 2024

I have all UNGOLD cars

Side-Oilers

Quote from: 427heaven on December 28, 2023, 09:18:50 AM

I love that!  From now on, when someone asks me what business I was in, before I retired, I'm going to say "I was a professional tire tread reducer."   Now, it's just a hobby.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

427heaven

Thanks Tony-Van   May the New Year bring in many Happy Times that our cars were a part of. As we get older enjoying every day is more and more important. Happy New Years to ALL!!! :)

JohnSlack

Quote from: FL SAAC on November 03, 2023, 04:00:59 PM
Quote from: 427heaven on October 31, 2023, 07:48:13 PM

Thank you Sir !

Meant to be driven and it will be , shame about those low miles......

You can cure low miles! More Gas needed! Go drive.

John

427heaven

I feel like Scotty telling Capt. Kirk...... I am giving her all I got CAPT. Maybe a little more 112 leaded to wake up the neighborhood.

shelbydoug

Tires only have a certain life expectancy. You may as well get what you can out of them while you can.

You need to be all you can be. Make those pansies squeal.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

JD

Quote from: 427heaven on December 28, 2023, 04:24:44 PM
I feel like Scotty telling Capt. Kirk...... I am giving her all I got CAPT. Maybe a little more 112 leaded to wake up the neighborhood.

Sounds like you're just the guy to do it ;-)  Bring in the new year!!
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

427heaven

Thanks guys for the positive encouragement, Maybe we can start a sub catagory and have full patched members with the title T T R   Tire tread reducers..... ;D