News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Sleeping Beauty wakes up

Started by 427heaven, January 23, 2018, 09:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Quote from: 427heaven on December 29, 2023, 05:04:31 PM
Thanks guys for the positive encouragement, Maybe we can start a sub catagory and have full patched members with the title T T R   Tire tread reducers..... ;D

and thank you for your positive and encouraging words, always makes me smile

here is me with a new found ( not kidding met him in N Florida, my wife thinks I'm nuts because I'm always starting conversations with strangers ) friend

I'm the slim ( 255 lbs ) one on the left with the big smile.....happiest of new years !
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

427heaven

I was going thru some of my parts the other day and found a trap door/escape hatch bar pusher thingy, which mounts to the back of the seat. Was this an early late thing or did all Mustangs/Shelbys get those parts? Also did the 68s get the same thing?

FL SAAC

believe it was only offered on secret agent cars....bond ...james...bond....

Take care !
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 427heaven on February 22, 2024, 05:52:29 PM
I was going thru some of my parts the other day and found a trap door/escape hatch bar pusher thingy, which mounts to the back of the seat. Was this an early late thing or did all Mustangs/Shelbys get those parts? Also did the 68s get the same thing?
it sounds like you are referring to the trap door rod that hooks to bracket attached to trunk inner structure meant to hold up the trap door. Yes it is typical for fastback with trap door.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

427heaven

Thanks BOB as always- Were the 67-68s the same part or did they differ... I want to have the correct one for my application. Secret agent man Antonio- Thanks for the laugh! ;)

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 427heaven on February 22, 2024, 07:39:32 PM
Thanks BOB as always- Were the 67-68s the same part or did they differ... I want to have the correct one for my application. Secret agent man Antonio- Thanks for the laugh! ;)
Same for 67/68 . 69/70 is different. Here is a link to NPD.  https://www.npdlink.com/product/hinge-lock-trunk-access-door/152161?   The original was zinc phosphate.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

JD

Goes on the right side there is a notch for it to fit in to hold the panel in the up position.
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

427heaven

Thanks guys... That is the part I found in the bottom of a box, I thought what is this? I can adapt it for a cell phone holder possibly? Didnt know it is called a fold down seat kick stand, Good to know! ;D

TA Coupe

Any new news about your top speed attempts?

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

427heaven

Thanks for the question Roy... The car has been tucked away in the corner of the shop just waiting for some forward momentum. I had a leg surgery and some life items that seemed to get in the way, of getting things moving forward in a positive direction. It has been such a long arduous slog of getting this car back to where it is today that maybe I needed an automotive time out ...to get my MOJO back! Thanks again to everyone that has helped me on this car.