Author Topic: January YTD events 2019  (Read 65555 times)

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
Re: Interesting read 427 side oiler anyone interested in Florida
« Reply #75 on: February 08, 2019, 06:05:18 PM »
I have been told there is no paperwork and I am shocked!

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #76 on: February 08, 2019, 06:40:19 PM »
I have been told there is no paperwork and I am shocked!

Say it isn't so   ::) 

But... but   the ad states "you never see them in this original condition .. and they are only original once ...."

Great color combination IMHO will be interesting to see what it may bring
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 06:44:13 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 08, 2019, 09:01:47 PM »
Who cares? It's not original. ???
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2019, 07:27:37 AM »
That is the point. You are spot on Doug.

Its cool. But, hard to believe people still try this charade.

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2019, 08:34:54 AM »
That is the point. You are spot on Doug.

Its cool. But, hard to believe people still try this charade.

What? I didn't leave that spot. I'm not cleaning that up. 8)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2019, 11:14:54 AM »
I am going to post the conversation and attacks from this asshat here. I had contacted him to ask about the 427 being dealer installed. I was polite and asked if he had any doccumentation.  As soon as I asked that question he went off on a tangent.  The claim is it is a sevice block installed for some racer by Ford. The usual fairy tale story. Then tells me he worked for Ford for 32 years, so he knows more than anyone else.  His defensiveness tells the entire tale.   
P.S. His claim it the 427 was over the counter. He claims now it was built with a sevice block.  I'm throwing the bullshit flag. Another NYC jerk to boot.
                                                                                                                                           -Keith

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2019, 12:11:06 PM »
I am going to post the conversation and attacks from this asshat here. I had contacted him to ask about the 427 being dealer installed. I was polite and asked if he had any doccumentation.  As soon as I asked that question he went off on a tangent.  The claim is it is a sevice block installed for some racer by Ford. The usual fairy tale story. Then tells me he worked for Ford for 32 years, so he knows more than anyone else.  His defensiveness tells the entire tale.   
P.S. His claim it the 427 was over the counter. He claims now it was built with a sevice block.  I'm throwing the bullshit flag. Another NYC jerk to boot.
                                                                                                                                           -Keith

Is there a BS flag? I never saw one. What's it look like? The percentage of jerks in NYC is the same as anywhere else in the country. With a population of nine million, there's just a larger number, just like smart and nice people.  ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Special Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2019, 12:40:40 PM »
A photo of date code of block will tell u when the block was cast so that will tell u something.

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2019, 02:45:31 PM »
SPEC ED: You need to read the six hostile responses to a simple question politely asked question. If you know anything about the vehicle perhaps you should comment. 
My guess is serveral here have messaged him and asked the same question and probably were rude.

Doug: I grew up in a suburb of Los Angeles. They are not like the people of NYC.  My wife is from New York by the way.  However, she's from a little place called Watkins Glen. I find most of the people at least polite there and the wine better than Ca.  I am in the city relatively often because I fly for a major airline.  There are some things that are rather consistant in certain geographic locations.  Perhaps most there are used to certain behaviors because they are the norm for location.  I am well educated, the difference is I have common sense. Book smart and common sense poor is a dangerous disposition.

cbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2019, 03:17:21 PM »
Would be a fun driver.  Love the color combo.. I would put install  nut and the bolt missing on the motor mount  before doing so though!!!! lol

chris

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2019, 04:27:51 PM »
SPEC ED: You need to read the six hostile responses to a simple question politely asked question. If you know anything about the vehicle perhaps you should comment. 
My guess is serveral here have messaged him and asked the same question and probably were rude.

Doug: I grew up in a suburb of Los Angeles. They are not like the people of NYC.  My wife is from New York by the way.  However, she's from a little place called Watkins Glen. I find most of the people at least polite there and the wine better than Ca.  I am in the city relatively often because I fly for a major airline.  There are some things that are rather consistant in certain geographic locations.  Perhaps most there are used to certain behaviors because they are the norm for location.  I am well educated, the difference is I have common sense. Book smart and common sense poor is a dangerous disposition.

It depends upon your perspective. At last count, there was something like 169 different languages spoken here. I never saw a number projected about what percentage that lived here, were actually born here but frankly, I wouldn't think that it is very high. Maybe in the 20-30% range?

I've been here all of my life. It has definitely changed and actually for the better. I think basically most New Yorkers just want to go about their life privately. It takes years to learn how to deal with pressure but I still maintain that the percentages of nice good and bad are the same. There are just more people here and more of every kind. It's all on how you fit in but at times I feel like everyone is from somewhere else and it's like Dorothy said, "I don't think we're in Kansas any more Toto?"

I don't defend the place. It is what it is. New York is just the "Horse of a different color. There's only one of 'em, an he's it". It's unlike any other city. It used to be that it was LA that everyone is from somewhere else? Now it's New York. No one owns it and no one will ever break it.

LA is just a different place. I think every big city is a love/hate relationship.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Team Shelby Bash. Las Vegas March 14-17, 2019
« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2019, 09:30:54 AM »
poc is frank
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Biltmore Classic Car Show March 3, 2019
« Reply #87 on: February 10, 2019, 09:32:54 AM »
poc is oscar
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 10:01:30 PM by FL SAAC TONY »

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Good morning Florida !

We are planning a road trip in the near future to visit the one and only 1967 SHELBY G T 500 convertible.

Currently located in nearby and beautiful Boyton Beach. Let's plan to make a day of this road trip, have lunch or dinner.  Enjoy this vehicle extremely rare Shelby, plus the many other rare and valuable vehicles in this collection.

Please contact JC directly.

Read about one of the rarest SHELBYs ever produced.

http://www.1967shelbyconvertible.com

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
Can you ask Brian why it’s “The only G.T. 500 convertible built by Shelby American. ” ?

;)

Just curious....