News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Checkered Flag: Gary Coy

Started by GT350-1281, September 08, 2018, 11:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GT350-1281

Long time SAAC member from Northern California. Gary was a long term owner of 1966 Shelby # 857 , a GT350 Hertz car. Gary had an incredible knowledge of parts and love for the hobby. Gary was a disabled Vietnam Veteran. You may remember him from SAAC 43 where he sold parts with his brother Randy and his grandson. Had a motor home with a small trailer attached behind it. Will be missed and fondly remembered by family, friends and other Shelby owners.

Coralsnake

I didn't know Gary, but I heard he had quite the stash of rare parts. I wish his family the best and thank them for his service.
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

TLea

Yeah just a crying shame what happened. He was a good man. Prayers to Londa and rest of family

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

64cobra

Quote from: TLea on September 10, 2018, 08:50:23 AM
Yeah just a crying shame what happened. He was a good man. Prayers to Londa and rest of family

Great guy.   Bought several parts many years ago from him.   What happened?   
Prayers to his family.   

TLea

Quote from: 64cobra on September 10, 2018, 02:46:07 PM
Quote from: TLea on September 10, 2018, 08:50:23 AM
What happened?   
Not my story to tell.

Corey Bowcutt

I read his obituary and it was described as a tragic accident in his garden.  Very sad.  Must live every day like it could be your last.

Coralsnake

Yes, I hear there is more to the story, but its water under the bridge at this point
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

TLea

Quote from: Coralsnake on September 12, 2018, 01:50:12 PM
Yes, I hear there is more to the story, but its water under the bridge at this point
That's not my understanding but will see