News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Original Drive Train?

Started by SFM6S1348, January 25, 2018, 12:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFM6S1348

I have been reading the 1966 350 valuation post and find it very interesting. I have a question here I would like some clarity on.

I would like to know what is "original drive train"

is that any engine-trans that is vin stamped correct to the car vin from Ford and came in the car from Ford?

is that a hipo and T10 just not the ones that came in the car from Ford?

Not arguing any point just trying to be clear.

Thanks,

Les 1348
...found 6S1348 after a full year of searching. It was in a garage I passed every day on the way to work. I looked at cars in front yards, back yards, storage garages, in fields, and under trees. I found a 65 that had hit a tree and was bent all the way to the back...

tesgt350

When they "Original" it is supposed to mean it came with the Car from the Factory. 

Bob Gaines

Quote from: tesgt350 on January 25, 2018, 03:06:07 PM
When they "Original" it is supposed to mean it came with the Car from the Factory.
+1. original to the specific car. The T10 did not get a vin number for some reason like the toploaders typically did. Also don't forget the correct rear end center section portion of the drive train.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

J_Speegle

That is the problem with terms they can and do mean different things to different people and those selling cars or parts can often edge their comments in many ways.  If buying or discussing I always ask whoever is talking or presenting "facts" what they mean by that term. May be "restored" "all original" "unrestored" ........ Since one or two words IMHO are inadequate in communicating all the nuisances.
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Bigfoot

A. "Born with motor"
B. The one that was there on day 1.
C. Stamped with a derivative of the VIN
D. Correct dates.....
E. And VINS on car are where supposed to be and match. Like inner fenders for example.

That kind of data.

More important to me as I've said before is the integrity of the car and body. If the body was a rusty frame rail and a fender and a firewall plus a pair of doors and a VIN stamped block I'd never buy it even if pretty today.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Bigfoot

Common sense stuff.
That said....

"To each his own....."
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI