News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

C6 Neutral Safety and Kickdown Question

Started by rbarkley, September 28, 2018, 05:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbarkley

Hey Guys

Sorry for all the questions.  My car is an original GT 500 automatic, but when I purchased it a PO had swapped out the 428 for a small block 4-speed back in the early 70's.  Something to do with being in college and no money for gas!  LoL!

The first pic is one from my internet library of 67 Shelby cars.  I believe this pic is from Virginia Mustang and an original GT500 auto that they were cleaning up and trying to keep as original as possible.  If you can see just above the neutral safety switch it looks like a J hook holding the neutral safety wire in place.  Is this correct?

The 2nd pic is my transmission and trying to get the correct pieces in place before reinstalling.  Does my set up look correct?  J hook, and spring routed back to a small clip?  What am I missing beside the elusive shifter rod and transmission tube.  Can't seem to find those two pieces anywhere.  If you have one and willing to sell it, please PM me.

Thanks

Ron

Bob Gaines

Quote from: rbarkley on September 28, 2018, 05:15:48 PM
Hey Guys

Sorry for all the questions. My car is an original GT 500 automatic, but when I purchased it a PO had swapped out the 428 for a small block 4-speed back in the early 70's.  Something to do with being in college and no money for gas!  LoL!

The first pic is one from my internet library of 67 Shelby cars.  I believe this pic is from Virginia Mustang and an original GT500 auto that they were cleaning up and trying to keep as original as possible.  If you can see just above the neutral safety switch it looks like a J hook holding the neutral safety wire in place.  Is this correct?

The 2nd pic is my transmission and trying to get the correct pieces in place before reinstalling.  Does my set up look correct?  J hook, and spring routed back to a small clip?  What am I missing beside the elusive shifter rod and transmission tube.  Can't seem to find those two pieces anywhere.  If you have one and willing to sell it, please PM me.

Thanks

Ron
Ron, first yes on the j hook holding the harness. You should get a set of assemblyline manuals if you want to save time . They will answer a large majority of the answers you seek with illustrations plus you will not have to stop and wait for someone to answer. Not to say they are infallible compared to original examples but number one they are more time correct then incorrect and two it is typically hard to find a original survivor car to compare to when you need one.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby