News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

I Fixed My Car Today!

Started by SNAKEBIT, September 26, 2018, 07:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KR Convertible

Quote from: gt350hr on October 01, 2018, 10:56:52 AM
     Bob ,
        I made sure I bought the extra cost long term bumper to bumper warranty as the "electronics" were only covered for 12 months on the standard Ford warranty. The standard powertrain is like 7-70 or something , now I'm good to 100 . After careful review , I stayed away from the Escape because of "issues" reported.  The Explorer had good reviews with most complaints being about video related things. This new one has more room in the back though it is officially "off limits" for swap meets LOL. Sonoma caused that LOL.
   Randy

We've had pretty good luck with our Explorer.  A/C takes quite a while to get cold and a little too much steering feedback (steering wheel bounce when you hit a pothole).  Other than that, no complaints.

Currently up to my armpits in a 97 Cobra motor.  Helped my son buy it for his first car.  Very clean car with 67K miles and a brand new top for $3500.  Broke a secondary timing chain and bent a few intake valves.  Tore it down this weekend, hope to have it running next weekend.

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

I feel bad since everything I own except one is over 20 years old and all except one are over 100,000 miles, two have over 200,000 miles
I am constantly doing maintenance and repairs on them but thank God I'm able to do all the work myself
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

SNAKEBIT

Deathsled, I have bought guns since I was 18. My first one was an o/u 12 gauge. I talked with a very well-known man here in town who owns a firearms shop(he's been a gunsmith since the late '60's or early '70's.
GT350, so the car companies are now dividing their warranties and they wont cover the whole car for 7/70? Geesh, that stinks. Can't count on hardly anything nowadays.
KR, what does a 97 Cobra look like? Is it a repro of the 2-seat Cobras? What is a secondary timing chain? I thought engines had only one timing chain.
Waitin' for the day I get my first '70 Shelby convertible!

KR Convertible

The 97 Cobra is a limited production Mustang GT from Ford's Special Vehicle Team (SVT).  It comes with a 4.6L 32 valve DOHC motor. 305hp as opposed to the 16 valve SOHC ~225hp standard GT motor.  The DOHC motor has four timing chains.

SNAKEBIT

Ohhhh, said the blind man, as he picked up his hammer and sawed. Yes, ohv 32 will have 4 chains. Correct amundo!
Waitin' for the day I get my first '70 Shelby convertible!