Author Topic: Have a rolled fender picture?  (Read 5243 times)

cboss70

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Have a rolled fender picture?
« on: October 02, 2018, 08:15:20 AM »
I have the next couple days off to get my 1970 Boss 302 ready for paint and realized the front fenders are original ford but don't have the rolled in lip that the Boss's had (and Mach 1's with the larger tire option).  Can someone post a picture or two so I can see where the fold in starts and ends and to what degree so I can try to replicate it?  The more the merrier! Thanks for your help.

JohnB

• View Profile
Re: Have a rolled fender picture?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 10:26:39 AM »

corbins

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 07:40:19 PM »
And I believe there was a piece of round steel rod within that roll ????? or maybe I'm nuts …...

rcgt350

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 12:43:17 AM »
I think that was on the Boss 429.

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 03:59:54 AM »
And I believe there was a piece of round steel rod within that roll ????? or maybe I'm nuts …...
I think that was on the Boss 429.

My 69 302 has the round rod and sealant at each end if its original front fenders. Will see if I have any decent (won't be great pictures given the access and angles) pictures of a 70

Likely get a quicker response and confirmation if you asked over on the Boss 302 Registry site's forum. Just a thought
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 08:52:29 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2018, 08:54:01 PM »
Did check and I found not clear pictures that would provide you with the information you would need to recreate. Had one picture of a 69 where the person had measured each section and I think that would be the most help if you could find an owner that would do that for you. Better than just guessing

Sorry could not be of help and assistance
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

cboss70

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2018, 10:11:04 PM »
Thank you both for checking. I've had problems in the past registering with the Boss site so figured I would try here.  From what I read the big block Boss cars tended to have the rod.  I"ll have to see if I can get face to face with a read 70 302 Boss. The pictures of the NOS one were helpful already.

Survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2018, 10:27:57 PM »
Hi: I've had a few beers but... I have a one owner/unrestored '69 Boss w/ 35k miles and all orig. sheetmetal.  I'm happy to send along pics., measurements or whatever you may need.  Not certain how it may/may not relate to a '70.  It's funny, as I'm writing this, it dawned on me that my restorer (of other cars) mentioned that one of the fenders may be off a 429 car-factory swap on the assembly line?  The things we remember...   

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2018, 10:43:27 PM »
....................... From what I read the big block Boss cars tended to have the rod.  I"ll have to see if I can get face to face with a read 70 302 Boss. ..............

Hasn't been my experience for both years ;) As mentioned earlier have owned two early 69 302's with the rod originally in place. There are a fair number of oddities they did on very early cars that ended up later on Boss 9's only

Did do a search for you over on the other site - unfortunately allot of the pictures are no longer there (that's the problem with not storing pictures on the site) so many won't help :(

Here is a picture of a 69 rolled fender and measurements that someone else once posted online. Can't confirm the measurements. Might help someone else

Good luck with your search

Hi: I've had a few beers but... I have a one owner/unrestored '69 Boss w/ 35k miles and all orig. sheetmetal.  .................

What number car do you have?  Just comparing - I've had 188388 for a fairly long time Its got about 35K miles also and all (well maybe one valance has been changed out - don't recall for certain) original sheet metal except the hood.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 10:46:20 PM by J_Speegle »