News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Gulf Livery Tag Heuer Watch

Started by BGlover67, October 20, 2018, 08:59:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Johnston

My watches are digital.  You have to wind them with your fingers! 8)

GT350Lad

6S373
6S1276

Don Johnston

I tried an autonomous watch that was a mini-sundial strapped to my wrist.  Too hard to adjust at night under a street light.  Time was rarely correct.

deathsled

I have a yellow faced Tag Formula One.  It has served me well thus far.  The Monaco is a legendary timepiece however.  Real ones are astronomical.  The reissue ones are quite choice though.

As an addendum, I wonder how the Baume et Mercier Capeland Cobra watches have sold and overall quality.  I've thought about acquiring but can't bring myself to do it.  At least not yet. 
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Don Johnston

The first edition (blue face) Cobra watches with special case and book seemed to be all sold out.  The next batch of black dial ones are still available for the past years, mostly without the book and special case.

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: Don Johnston on October 21, 2018, 11:49:07 PM
The first edition (blue face) Cobra watches with special case and book seemed to be all sold out.  The next batch of black dial ones are still available for the past years, mostly without the book and special case.
They gave one of the first ones to Bondo at the Shelby Bash in Vegas when they were introduced. Not being mercenary here but the school is in dire straights so maybe it's available.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

deathsled

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on October 22, 2018, 02:32:38 PM
Quote from: Don Johnston on October 21, 2018, 11:49:07 PM
They gave one of the first ones to Bondo at the Shelby Bash in Vegas when they were introduced. Not being mercenary here but the school is in dire straights so maybe it's available.
They are nice watches but I'd rather spend the money on red to see to her needs as the male provider of her every whim. I'm happy to do it.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"