News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

pwr. steering pump color

Started by johnzajc@gmail.com, November 07, 2018, 08:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnzajc@gmail.com

HI--looking at casting number on power steering that Mr. Gaines posted my eyes are to out of wack to determine what the numbers are----for 3 months I been looking for correct pump for 1969 june production Shelby gt 500 with A/C===in Sikoras manual he posts correct number as  C8AAA --However since nobody has it or even knows about I do not think it exist---thank you if you can help in any way

Bob Gaines

Quote from: johnzajc@gmail.com on November 16, 2018, 03:28:43 PM
HI--looking at casting number on power steering that Mr. Gaines posted my eyes are to out of wack to determine what the numbers are----for 3 months I been looking for correct pump for 1969 june production Shelby gt 500 with A/C===in Sikoras manual he posts correct number as  C8AAA --However since nobody has it or even knows about I do not think it exist---thank you if you can help in any way
Ed Meyer posted he had one.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

johnzajc@gmail.com

Thank you Bob---Mr. Meyer I believe has pulley which I would like to get of them, and I do not think he has pump, if he does I would fly there to get it. I have great admiration and respect to Mr. Meyer , frankly getting them to ship is painful---thanks

johnzajc@gmail.com

Mr Meyer if you have pump with casting number I am looking for I would like to buy it--thank you

Bob Gaines

Quote from: johnzajc@gmail.com on November 16, 2018, 03:28:43 PM
FYI as has been mentioned before both Ford Thompson and TRW were used at Dearborn in 69. The Ford Thompson was painted the teal blue and it had the C8 casting number. The TRW was painted black and it did not have the C8 casting. Ether pump is correct for a June build or any 69/70 Shelby. The Sikora book was done 20 years ago and there is much updated info since it was written. I just thought you should know so that you can widen your net of possibilities.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Special Ed

I have an nos AF pulley here $90.00 if u want it. I dont have an original 428cj with a/c here now to look at but according to my reseach that is correct pulley . You asked for a 7aa pulley of which is smaller and u need the correct diameter pulley so your belt will fit correctly & have the correct rpm for your engine,