News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Daytona Coupe

Started by Coralsnake, November 09, 2018, 07:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

So there is this guy, that owns some gas stations, as a promotion he drives his Daytona coupe around to them in North Dakota

From the Bismarck Tribune, September 1969:

The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

honker

I dug around on the net, is it possible that the car in Coralsnake's post  is CSX 2601 ? I found some info that suggested that it is the car used in "Red Line 7000" ?? and the car is now in Argentina  ??

Also these two pic that show 2601 ? under restoration by the TinMan ?

Note all my question marks ! don't want any one jumping to conclusions !

Here's a link to the Tinman site, should open at the page where I found these photos, they are thumbnails, which I can't enlarge.
https://www.tinmantech.com/gallery-of-metalwork/automotive/

Mike

gt350shelb

Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

A-Snake

The Daytona pictured is CSX2601 as it was once owned by John Simonson. It is not the coupe used in 'Redline 7000'. That car was CSX2287.  Early beliefs were that 2601 was used but photos of the car in the movie show it was 2287. The online Cobra Registry now shows that change.

honker

thanks for the clarification A-Snake & gt350shelb