News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

6S095 sold Leake Auction - Dallas

Started by silverton_ford, November 21, 2018, 02:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sfm6sxxx

Quote from: Doug C on November 21, 2018, 10:36:06 PM
Quote from: Ldouble619 on November 21, 2018, 02:40:48 PM
Not a bad price for a carry over.

I thought that all carryover cars were white?

Steve Yates' Ivy Green 6S051 aka supercharged prototype was the first non white Shelby (poster was  available from Jim Cowles) and, I believe, the Hertz prototype 6S048 was white before they painted it black.

6S1114

I'd keep it blue with those wheels and tires and drive it.

shelbydoug

Quote from: 427heaven on November 22, 2018, 10:06:05 AM
Day 2 cars that are using era or period correct components have the... that's the way we upgraded our cars back in the day. This brings back very strong emotions for those wanting to relive their younger days, if your car has GOOD BONES the wheels, carpeting, shifter etc can be changed out easily and prices for these cars are reflecting that train of thought. Don't just polish them..... get them out and ENJOY THEM!  ;)

I've got a Hurst shifter too. Just with a Ford shift handle on it. Whatever happened to cheating? Sure...I'm all "stock".  ::)

That may be Mark Donahue R model blue?

I'm ok  with day 2 cars bringing big money. In fact, they for sure are more fun to drive.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

SFM6S087

Quote from: Shelby_0022 on November 21, 2018, 10:29:51 PM
Carryovers could have come with the rear seat or a package tray. I believe that only 85 Shelby GT350s from 1966 came with a package tray, but I could be wrong.

I may have to phone a friend - Steve Sloan?  :D

Ruben, you are very close. Per the records there should be 84 carryovers with a package tray (including 6S001 - the prototype). But I can account for only 83 of those.

Steve

SFM6S087

Quote from: SFM5S000 on November 22, 2018, 08:59:58 AM
Well, let's stay on the positive side. Everything is correctable. The new owner can do what he/she wants to do with the car which includes driving and enjoying it as is. Or as the trend (to me at least) with GT350's is to return them to the way they were in a stock configuration for collecting, investment purposes. So from what I can see on the photos. We can help identify the details that could be addressed. Carryovers being 65 based cars.

R Model valences are/were very popular for street cars.
Wrong windshield, (for a 48k mile car? Or for a 148 mile car okay, or just a replacement)
Wrong trunk lid (that's not a 65 lid with the holes)
Wheels... duh
Wrong steering wheel, hub, and no horn
65 dash pod, belongs in a 65 car not a carryover
Wrong instrument dash bezel
The car looks nice in Blue, but I thought all were white (I could be wrong...again)
Even my car has a Hurst shifter, still.
Something is a little wrong with the back half of the carpeting ending where it does.
It does have the correct 65 horns.

That's just a quick observation. Like I said every thing is correctable. Or enjoy it as is!

Cheers
~Earl J

Good observations.

About the trunk lid. Some carryovers had 1965 style lids and some had the 1966 style. Lower VIN carryovers generally had 1965 style lids. Higher VIN carryovers usually had 1966 style lids. This car (6S095) is in the transition area and could have had either style from the factory.

BTW, I think this car would be great to simply drive and enjoy the way it is. Whatever the new owner wants.

If the new owner reads this and would like to join the Carryover Owners Group, please contact me.

Steve

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: SFM6S087 on November 22, 2018, 01:09:20 PM
Quote from: Shelby_0022 on November 21, 2018, 10:29:51 PM
Carryovers could have come with the rear seat or a package tray. I believe that only 85 Shelby GT350s from 1966 came with a package tray, but I could be wrong.

I may have to phone a friend - Steve Sloan?  :D

Ruben, you are very close. Per the records there should be 84 carryovers with a package tray (including 6S001 - the prototype). But I can account for only 83 of those.

Steve

Thanks Steve! I knew I could count on you. 👍🏻
Nothing beats a classic!

Bigfoot

Strong money for a 66 with all the "details" you guys outlined above which are non conforming.
That said it can all be returned to stock configuration.
And NOM most certainly stands for Not Orig Motor.

Nice car.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI