News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1967 # 2939

Started by rbarkley, November 24, 2018, 05:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

He claims one of 50 documented dealer installed 427's.

Are there any accepted cases of dealer installed 427's?

427heaven

I bet there are 50 1967s that now have 427s just not dealer installed. ;D

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 2112 on November 24, 2018, 08:12:16 PM
He claims one of 50 documented dealer installed 427's.

Are there any accepted cases of dealer installed 427's?
The seller has that info screwed up just like other things in his description. The 50 cars comes from what Mel Burns Ford had for pie in the sky proposed builds of his supersnake cars. As for dealer installed I know scores of phony's and bogus paperwork. This latest one is just one more phony.  A few years back none had shown up yet . Dave Mathews may have updated info on that now. I saw one legitimate 427 dealer installed about 15 years ago where the owner was entering it in concours. He had genuine paperwork the only problem was the install was done in 1975 if I remember correctly.He wasn't allowed to enter it in concours competition because it was done after the car was delivered new to the first customer.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Coralsnake

As some may recall, there was a time when everyone that had one claimed it was FACTORY installed. Well, at least until all the Ford records and SAAC invoices appeared.

The second phase was some diehards changed their stories to dealer installed. Most changed to owner installed.

Now we are in the third phase, copying artwork from dealer postcards and typing your own documentation.

Its not the first time someone has lifted documents from my website, thats why they have minor alterations, from the originals.
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Coralsnake on November 25, 2018, 07:23:26 AM
As some may recall, there was a time when everyone that had one claimed it was FACTORY installed. Well, at least until all the Ford records and SAAC invoices appeared.

The second phase was some diehards changed their stories to dealer installed. Most changed to owner installed.

Now we are in the third phase, copying artwork from dealer postcards and typing your own documentation.

Its not the first time someone has lifted documents from my website, thats why they have minor alterations, from the originals.
You certainly were showing good responsibility when you initiated those artwork precautions. Pete 1 ,poser 0 in this case.  ;D
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Wedgeman

Doesn't  POOKIE  like Ebay anymore? Saw an ad of his on a Facebook site selling a bunch of different year mustang NOS ( ::)) gas caps.... I wonder if those boxes go with them...LOL!!

Wedgeman

pmustang

As an honest guy it always boggles my mind the levels at which folks go to fake stuff.

A great thing to watch if its available in the states is a program on wine fakery. This chines/japanese guy came on the wine scene and became the number one expert. he was buying an selling crazy priced wine like it was going out of style. Instantly became the go to guy for wine collectors with his knowledge

He was however busted. His factory was his mothers kitchen!!! made all the labels and aged them himself. Made up the history on the wines as well (where found/bought/sold) it was insane

just shows, where there it money folks will go to great lengths to get it.

Peter

Coralsnake

He still on eBay. He has items listed right now, like the reproduction fiberglass he is labeling as NOS.

Mike James

What's the eBay username
Need to block that guy

Coralsnake

Mike James

Oh he thinks NOS stands for "Not Original Sh!t" lol

Quote from: Mike James on November 25, 2018, 04:30:19 PM
What's the eBay username
Need to block that guy

I thought "Pookie" was one of them too.

Quote from: pmustang on November 25, 2018, 02:55:02 PM
As an honest guy it always boggles my mind the levels at which folks go to fake stuff.

A great thing to watch if its available in the states is a program on wine fakery. This chines/japanese guy came on the wine scene and became the number one expert. he was buying an selling crazy priced wine like it was going out of style. Instantly became the go to guy for wine collectors with his knowledge

He was however busted. His factory was his mothers kitchen!!! made all the labels and aged them himself. Made up the history on the wines as well (where found/bought/sold) it was insane

Peter

I have come up short a few times by honoring my word or doing the right thing.

Yeah, it sucks sometimes. But is still the right thing to do.

Bigfoot

Quote from: pmustang on November 25, 2018, 02:55:02 PM

Peter

Lead guy doing that was busted cold because he made a label for a very valuable wine,..for a year the vineyard never actually made it. I think I saw it on a 60 minutes type show. Was very interesting.
Some ph#cĀ£ing! people....
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI