News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Last Ride of the Year

Started by Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas, November 24, 2018, 05:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Again as in the last few years, to just be thankful for another great year, I take my car out for the "last Ride of the Year" on Dec 31st. I am planning on doing it at about noon on Dec 31st and the long term weather forecast looks favorable. If you want to take part in this almost yearly tradition, I am planning on being at the South County Café in Deale, Maryland at Non on Dec 31st for a "Buy Your Own" Lunch and general BS session for about an hour. All cars are welcome, but I know of a couple of Shelby's within 25 miles (Hint, Phil and Corey)
No plaques, no trophies, no certificates, just a good time
Anyone interested ?
This will be followed up by the "First Ride of 2019" to Chesapeake Grille in Harrington Harbor on Jan 1st at about 2:00pm
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Corey Bowcutt

I am interested for sure. As long as the weather is ok and there is no salt or brine on the roads I will plan on attending.

gt350shelb

I will be there  with or without  snow  LOL
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

It only snowed a little bit last year, barely covered the ground
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Corey Bowcutt

Snow does not bother me so much as the massive amount of salt the dump on the roads.

Weather is looking cold but clear, low of 24, high of 40
Bring pictures and stories to share

Bigfoot

I drove a Shelby yesterday and I hope it's not "the last ride of the year" yet...

We should get an East Coast "last official show of the year" thing....

Maybe in NJ
I know a guy with a parking lot and clean bathrooms
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

What part of Jersey? It's a little less than 2 hours to the Delaware Bridge
But this year I'll be at the South County Cafe in Deale Maryland on the 31st at noon and at The Chesapeake Grill in Rosehaven on the 1st for Breakfast at 10:00 for the "First Ride of 2019"
Here's a shot of last years First/Last rides

GS66

My highest props to you guys for driving your cars!

Join us, it will be a great time

GS66

I am on a slow hunt for a car but here in Minnesota our driving season has ended.So for now I enjoy following along.

CSX 4133

I exercised both the Cobra and the Shelby today, bright sunshine and 48 degrees with remote undulating roads beckoning. The exhaust note bouncing off the tree lined curves of a once still forest. I noted the distinct differences in these two as I tested their limits, before slowly returning to their warm sanctuary this Christmas eve.

That's a great Christmas gift.

Bigfoot

Thursday or Friday I was out again but now the weather is getting sketchy...
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

kjspeed

The best gift I got for Christmas - me and the Mrs. taking ole "Barnesy" for a cruise. Mid-60's, sunny and clear! Florida weather sure beats Central NY in December!  ;D
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt