News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

67 floorboards - how to identify original from repro?

Started by Hockeylife, November 30, 2018, 02:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hockeylife

Subject says it all? Is it easy to tell? Thanks

davez

That looks like its been replaced with a one piece floor pan. Mig weld type welds where the spot welds are at the base of the fire wall/ toe boards. Don't see any factory type pinch welds where the seat pans would be welded in. More mig type burns where the shifter bezel reinf is. Plus someone pre painted it grey / silver before installing. there's no paint on any other rails / original structure. Doesn't look like bad work but I don't believe it's the original floors

Bob Gaines

Quote from: davez on November 30, 2018, 05:01:48 PM
That looks like its been replaced with a one piece floor pan. Mig weld type welds where the spot welds are at the base of the fire wall/ toe boards. Don't see any factory type pinch welds where the seat pans would be welded in. More mig type burns where the shifter bezel reinf is. Plus someone pre painted it grey / silver before installing. there's no paint on any other rails / original structure. Doesn't look like bad work but I don't believe it's the original floors
+1. Missing spot welds all over.  The floor pan metal is not a tight fit to frame rails and crossmember like it typically is also.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Hockeylife

Thanks, the following floor pics have a difference in a rib pointing to the frame rail. One has it, the other does not. Also ribs seem flatter on 1 versus the other.
So my question, do either of these indicate an original Ford floor?

JD

^^Have noted this too - there does seem to be variations in the floor panel(s) stampings over the course of the production year.

can you tell/share the green car number shown above?

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

gt350shelb

Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

roddster

On reply #3:  I'd expect to some or many more paint drips.  None showing in the photos.

lawrence67

Quite certain 1935's floors are original but the date stamping under rear seat is a new one on me.  I know some of this kind of info isn't aways broadcast but is it possible to pm me the approx. location and whether stamped from inside or out. Would save some research time investigating.  Inside seems more logical but that wasn't always a factor at manufacturing level.
Paul

Hockeylife

Quote from: JD on December 01, 2018, 10:55:51 AM
^^Have noted this too - there does seem to be variations in the floor panel(s) stampings over the course of the production year.

GT350DAVE

I owned an original 67 built around the same date and it had the additional impressions behind the frame rails.
Dave
Support the SAAC Registry

J_Speegle

Quote from: Hockeylife on December 01, 2018, 10:29:09 PM
Quote from: JD on December 01, 2018, 10:55:51 AM

Very late car  so it would have the late floor pan design. You can get down to a fairly exact change over date for this detail at San Jose that year but your example would not be anywhere near that date. And there are other details also ;)
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge