Author Topic: ’67 Ford Documents Wanted “Special Vehicle Order and Part Specification”  (Read 7996 times)

Richstang

• View Profile
    • 1967 Shelby Research Group
I've update the list in reply #2 with the few SVO's sheet sets that we only have the first page for.
As mentioned before, this is the most useful page containing the paint quantities, various dates, etc.

Thanks to Pete, Brian, and Anthony for the continued help.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Richstang

• View Profile
SVO Sheets altered;

As we continue to gather the SVO&PS “add/delete” sheets for every 1967 Shelby DSO, were continue to find more that were retyped or altered. While we can appreciate these were likely done to help read the valuable info contained within them, having an original clean copy is the preference. I will update the list on page one of this thread noting original versions as we gather them. Previously I noted the altered SVO cover sheet for DSO for 84-2572. (we now have the original version).

We’ve also discovered another altered cover SVO sheet for DSO 84-2528. Notes were hand written in place over the type data along with build dates. The correct DSO group is actually 84-2549 check the registry for your correct DSO group and unit numbers to ensure you have the correct copy. These SVO sheets are very difficult to find even today. Copies shared from many years ago were practically non-existant and in most cases used as reference for specific part numbers and information.

I hoping this will encourage anyone with these past SVO "add/delete" sheets to not only review them again, but also to share them so we can ensure they are authentic. We still need SVO sheet SETS for DSO 2534, 2536 (have cover page), 2538, & 2540. They should help to sort out the Ford issues and likely parts shortages within these groups that caused some intermixing of engine packages.

Thanks for any help with just a cover page or the whole set.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 10:44:15 AM by Richstang »

Road Reptile

• View Profile
Hi Rich and all 67 fans,
I have now found sheets from 84-2549 that are 7 pages and none are retyped.
Great to see these being preserved-and studied. I will send them to you so you can add to the collection.
Regards R.R.

Richstang

• View Profile
The list on reply #1 has again been updated in blue ink
(Thank you Jeff!)

If anyone has any SVO set pages from a GT500 with A/C- (401F, 411F, 403F, & 413F) I would really like to get a copy of them as well as the others that are not on the list.

Thank you for all the help!

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
  Rich ,
    I still owe you the set I copied , I'll try to get them sent this week.
  Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
  Rich ,
    I still owe you the set I copied , I'll try to get them sent this week.
  Randy
Your not alone . I have to go through mine too and see if I have any that are missing in action. It is on the too do list.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Richstang

• View Profile
Updated SVO list with full SVO set for DSO 2528.
(Thanks KerryBWhite!)

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
  Rich ,
     It will be interesting if a set from a different car in one specific DSO group shows up and is visibly altered. There were 20 cars built on the DSO I will be sending you and it would be nice if a copy from another source ( car) came to you and looked exactly like the one I am sending you. I know mine are not altered. You may have already seen that if I read your comments right.
   Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

Richstang

• View Profile
Hi Rich and all 67 fans,
Great to see these being preserved-and studied. I will send them to you so you can add to the collection.
Regards R.R.

R.R.
Received the DSO papers in todays mail. Woohoo!
These are Very Nice legible original copies.
Thank You Sir!!
 ;D

Updated the list in reply #1

JD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Hi Rich and all 67 fans,
Regards R.R.

R.R.
Received the DSO papers in todays mail. Woohoo!
These are Very Nice legible original copies.
Thank You Sir!!
 ;D

Updated the list in reply #1
« on: December 07, 2018, 12:25:04 PM »

Opening post to this thread:
’67 Ford Documents Wanted “Special Vehicle Order and Part Specification”

“SVO” or “SVO&PS” sheets are also known as the “add/delete” sheets coveted by ’67 Shelby owners as additional Ford Factory paperwork for their cars. These SVO sheets note the DSO number and the specific options added to this group of cars. It lists the total number of units, a breakdown of each unit by paint color and code, and all the part numbers added or deleted for Ford’s San Jose factory. As production of these base units continued through the model year many parts changed, some were added, and others were deleted. It was all done to help streamline the efforts of the finishing production line at Shelby American saving both time and costs.

A post on the “Shelby Forums” over ten years ago appears to have helped bring many of them out of hiding. Now I’m hoping to take it a step further and find even more of them or improved legible versions.  I’ll start a list here shortly of known copies to help.

Specially, I’m trying to help Dave resolve some questions about DSO 2534, 2536, 2538, and 2540 which appear to have some Ford data issues. If you have a copy of these SVO sheets please let me know ASAP. I’ll forward you my email if you would send me a copy.

Here’s an example of the first page of an SVO sheet for DSO 89-2609. You can see many of the details I previously noted. This copy is one of the better ones I’ve seen. It’s said these can be found under the rear seat cushion, or under the foot areas of the carpeting.  ..."

Great that all this is coming together and that your helping Dave M with this.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 07:45:27 PM by JD »
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Richstang

• View Profile
I would call this a positive group effort thanks to everyone who shared info and their SVO sheets with us!

So far we have only come up with the SVO sheet set for DSO 84-2536 of the (4) quad group discrepancies.
We still need SVO sheets for DSOs 84-2534, 2538, & 2540 which Dave does not have.
As JD and others mentioned previously, check under the dash, the carpet and under the rear seat cushion. Maybe you will be pleasantly surprised.

Working with Dave and Brian Styles our best theory of this FORD mix-up issue all came down to an emissions parts shortage at San Jose.
Anyone who thought this was a registry issue was wrong. We are finding multiple issues at Ford related to materials shortages.   
There are a lot more specific details found in the '1967 Shelby Research Group' thread that we continue to work on and welcome any input.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/shelbyresearch/43mJlQH5qL0
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 12:17:01 PM by Richstang »

KerryBWhite

• View Profile
Rich, Dave, and Brian

AWESOME job on all research. :) Also a shout out to those sending you their paperwork contributing to the research.
I always look forward to reading updates to the 1967 Shelby Research Group. Great '67 information

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/shelbyresearch/43mJlQH5qL0

101hornets

• View Profile
Have not been on in a while but did we ever find copies of the missing SVO sheets for DSO's 2534, 2536, 2538 and 2540?

Richstang

• View Profile
Reply #25 above notes we found a copy of the SVO&PS sheets for DSO 2536 (It's not perfect, but it is complete).

We still have not found 2534, 2538, or 2540!

I'll update the list in reply #1 next.

Richstang

• View Profile
I’m checking in again to see if anyone might have the missing SVO pages we are still looking for.
There has been some confusion from a few people who think these only cover individual units.
They actually cover entire DSO groups of cars. The full list is in reply #1 on page 1.

The attached graphic illustrates the ordering district changes that Shelby American went through, as a time-plot.
Collecting dates from page 1 of these SVOs allows us to research these topics in greater depth.

SVOs dated the last week of April are of particular interest as the district change from ‘84’ to ‘89’ may be the signal as to when Ford officially took over SAI.
SVOs that should fall into this date range, and that we don't have yet, include; 2597, 2599, 2600, 2601, 2603, 2604, 2605, and 2607.