News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Picture of leftover 1969 cars at Shelby

Started by SCJSTU, December 08, 2018, 07:31:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

honker

Great stuff ! I'm with Rich, don't wait to go and see about the photos, ask stories, and if possible record them. I have many regrets over the years of not doing so, with family and others, and then that person passes, or the photos are lost. Then you kick your self for not doing so !   :(

Mike

Bigfoot

Guy who bought a 66 and a 67 New was telling me that he worked for Shelby for about a year and then Gurney and then Parnelli Jones.
Was at Shelby shop 1968 and 2 Daytona Coupes siting there 4 Sale.
One was $4500 with blown motor and one was $5500.

This was not a second hand story he was there!
I'm sure others know that exact story but it was incredible to hear from a first hand experience,..and "player" back in the day.

Talk about "stuff" leftovover.......
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Bigfoot on December 08, 2018, 12:01:46 PM
Guy who bought a 66 and a 67 New was telling me that he worked for Shelby for about a year and then Gurney and then Parnelli Jones.
Was at Shelby shop 1968 and 2 Daytona Coupes siting there 4 Sale.
One was $4500 with blown motor and one was $5500.

This was not a second hand story he was there!
I'm sure others know that exact story but it was incredible to hear from a first hand experience,..and "player" back in the day.

Talk about "stuff" leftovover.......
It is Bill as I have met people here in the Detroit area who have worked at many places. A good friend whose brother bought  a 64 NASCAR Galaxie off of I think Fireball Roberts back then(a backup car) and ran it at Daytona had it on the streets of Dearborn one night tuning it so to speak. Cops came by and told them not to do it again. Many relatives of his worked at DST back then. Great stories. Also Larry had an interesting story on why most of the B9 hood scoops were painted in lacquer. Early ones in enamel.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)