News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Floor mats

Started by Hey_jude, December 09, 2018, 07:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brant

Here is a link to a Blog post that I wrote about the Cobra mats that Bob is referring to.

http://blog.virginiaclassicmustang.com/2011/05/shelby-cobra-floor-mats.html

-Brant

www.VirginiaClassicMustang.com

Subscribe to our Blog for the latest updates restoration projects and new parts information for 64 1/2-73 Mustangs!  http://blog.virginiaclassicmustang.com/

Like us on Facebook!  www.Facebook.com/VirginiaClassicMustang

I want a pair in black.Does anyone repop anything similar?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 557 on December 12, 2018, 12:53:30 PM
I think Brant is planning on doing some . ::) He promised me 3 sets. ;D
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Brant

Quote from: Bob Gaines on December 12, 2018, 01:13:10 PM
Quote from: 557 on December 12, 2018, 12:53:30 PM
I think Brant is planning on doing some . ::) He promised me 3 sets. ;D

I would love to have them made, but I doubt the demand would be great enough.
-Brant

www.VirginiaClassicMustang.com

Subscribe to our Blog for the latest updates restoration projects and new parts information for 64 1/2-73 Mustangs!  http://blog.virginiaclassicmustang.com/

Like us on Facebook!  www.Facebook.com/VirginiaClassicMustang

Sixx7shelby

I would definitely get a black set if they were ever reproduced.
67 GT350 #1482
69 Eliminator 428SCJ
97 Cobra
86 SVO

Corey Bowcutt

Hey_jude

Follower of Jesus, Grateful Caretaker of #2196 and amateur car photographer.

vtgt500

Mine still has the original, pony mats.  When I bought the car in '77 was told they were in it upon delivery.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: vtgt500 on December 13, 2018, 08:15:41 PM
Mine still has the original, pony mats.  When I bought the car in '77 was told they were in it upon delivery.
Of course it doesn't make a difference one way or the other and if it makes you feel better no harm no foul but if I had a quarter for all of the times previous owners have claimed something was original on a car that was not I would be able to do car wash's on all my vehicles for life . ;)
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Hey_jude

I hear you Bob.  My original question really was answered in that there doesn't seem to have been a "from the factory" floor mat but were more likely just negotiated or thrown in at the dealership.

I have had some newer "cobra" carpeted floor mats and have been looking for something more time period correct for #2196 and I think that was answered here too.  Overall this has been a great thread especially since I now know about the "Shelby American" option that was available as the "I hope someday I can find those" option.  Great stuff.
Follower of Jesus, Grateful Caretaker of #2196 and amateur car photographer.

Harris Speedster

Quote from: Bob Gaines on December 13, 2018, 09:05:15 PM
Quote from: vtgt500 on December 13, 2018, 08:15:41 PM
Of course it doesn't make a difference one way or the other and if it makes you feel better no harm no foul but if I had a quarter for all of the times previous owners have claimed something was original on a car that was not I would be able to do car wash's on all my vehicles for life . ;)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
As always Bob, so true and correct, BTW I have several Boss 302 blocks for sale, they are special because they do not have the screw in freeze plugs>> smile guys.
On a serious engine side note though, I have owned an XE 4 bolt main 289 long block assembly. It resides at the Indy museum now, and at one time was on display, it was for a race car in the museum collection. So weird, "original" things/dealer items, do pop up from time to time.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Serious, out of all the 65 Shelby's and many other Shelby's I have had the pleasure of owning back in the day, I have a set of black mats that I recently found in my piles of old junk.
Mustang is raring up, in the same basic positioning on the mats like the cobra mats shown.
An area on the back shows a cut line for conv use.
BTW, they also have a large mound area by the cut area, mound area is like the ones shown on the cobra mats.
# 4214-2 on the back, and the front has a ford like round logo that's says rubbermaid.

This is also one of my 65's, that docs showed up later verifying added invoice costs, carpeted rear tray, plaque from Shelby, a/c, added 2nd mirror, original paint Texas car, plus more. Mr Vinny  ended up finding the docs on it, >>> decades ago.

Was planning on putting them up for trade for some very early 67 350 pieces I may need, and or sale.
Respectfully submitted,
John
Merry Christmas guys and gals !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

Special Ed

Floor mats were in the ford dealer accessories catologs that came out every year with newer products & dealer add ons u could order & buy from your ford dealer. The koolest floor mats made were the c9az pasiley mats in different wild color patterns with ford oval & a gt 40 car moulded in the mats in the center these mats came out in 69 but never lasted very long just to wild looking but thats why they are KOOL. On the sides you could trim them off for a convertible since they have both moulded in lines for hardtop or convertible & on backside it tells u where to trim them. I found several sets of pasiley mats in old ford dealer attics back in the 80s since they didnt sell well as they were just to wild looking & back in 69-70 chrysler made flower power floor mats that were also wild looking & you would find them in mopars that had the Mod Top option flowered vinyl tops with mod top decals on rear window.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Special Ed on December 14, 2018, 10:37:42 AM
Floor mats were in the ford dealer accessories catologs that came out every year with newer products & dealer add ons u could order & buy from your ford dealer. The koolest floor mats made were the c9az pasiley mats in different wild color patterns with ford oval & a gt 40 car moulded in the mats in the center these mats came out in 69 but never lasted very long just to wild looking but thats why they are KOOL. On the sides you could trim them off for a convertible since they have both moulded in lines for hardtop or convertible & on backside it tells u where to trim them. I found several sets of pasiley mats in old ford dealer attics back in the 80s since they didnt sell well as they were just to wild looking & back in 69-70 chrysler made flower power floor mats that were also wild looking & you would find them in mopars that had the Mod Top option flowered vinyl tops with mod top decals on rear window.
To understand better ,  Ed lives in southern Indiana out in the woods in a beautiful log cabin surrounded not only with trees but tall weeds that have funny looking leaves and buds. He might even use some for medicinal purposes . ;)  Ed it might be time to cut back .  ;D  ;D  Just sayin

Coralsnake

Ed, I think you are cool.

SNAKEBIT

Mr. Ed, Mr. Gaines, thanks for helping us all out with this topic. So, there were red, black and clear ones? Is any one variation harder to find than the other two? I would be interested in 2 sets, if someone would repro them.
Waitin' for the day I get my first '70 Shelby convertible!