News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1967Original Trunk Mat

Started by mustang1966, December 16, 2018, 04:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang1966

Does anyone know where I can get a original 67 Mustang Trunk Mat convertible or Fastback either N0S or god used. No reproduction's please I know the difference. Unless you know someone who can stich the left corner correctly?

Please advise.

BGlover67

There are reproductions that have the correct stitching you refer to.  Someone will chime with a source, don't be afraid to give it a try though.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Bob Gaines

Quote from: mustang1966 on December 16, 2018, 04:13:03 PM
Does anyone know where I can get a original 67 Mustang Trunk Mat convertible or Fastback either N0S or god used. No reproduction's please I know the difference. Unless you know someone who can stich the left corner correctly?

Please advise.
I haven't seen a NOS mat for sale for many years and I get around. Not to say one couldn't be out there someplace but don't have high expectations. It doesn't take much to stitch it correctly in fact it is hard to do one as bad as the original looked.  ;)
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

J_Speegle

Quote from: Bob Gaines on December 16, 2018, 08:37:54 PM
............and I get around. ................

::)  Heard that about you   LOL
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Just know what you are looking for. Like with a lot of reproduction parts, they have been reproducing some things for almost 40 years.  Someone may claim that it is original due to patina and overall look when it is actually just a 40 year repro.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 1690 on December 16, 2018, 11:54:49 PM
Just know what you are looking for. Like with a lot of reproduction parts, they have been reproducing some things for almost 40 years.  Someone may claim that it is original due to patina and overall look when it is actually just a 40 year repro.
in the case of 67 trunk mat there has not been a good repro with similar material, look and stitching up until the last couple of years. It is not perfect but would typically get a pass in DIVII over a original that was worn.