News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

CL ad for '67 GT500 transmission (posting for comment)

Started by JWH, December 24, 2018, 02:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JWH

Hello and Merry Christmas!
        Here is an ad I came across on the Seattle Craigslist for a RUG M2 transmission claimed to have come from a '67 GT500. Looking at on-line resources, I find that the RUG M2 came in the Mustang GT 390 cars. I don't see a reference to this transmission being installed in a GT500. (I believe only the RUG S is correct for the GT500?)  This transmission does appear to have a partial VIN stamped.
        Please comment and pass along knowledge on the correct transmissions for the '67-70 Shelby's.
https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/pts/d/gig-harbor-1967-ford-big-block-10-from/6773560632.html
Jeff

shelbydoug

First off, it isn't a T10,  it's a Ford T & C, aka, as a "top loader". It appears to be a small input transmission. GT500's are not 1-1/16", they are 1-3/8" and those stick out like a sore thumb.
I would also have a propensity of expectations to see a partial serial number stamped into the front edge with a Q engine code.

If the seller personally took it out of a wrecked '67 GT500, the driver must have been driving around with it in the trunk?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

69mach351w

It may have come out of a 67 Shelby, but it is actually original to a 68 Mustang 390.

1967 eight barrel

The correct tag would be RUG-S   1 3/8 Input, 31 spline output.  The tailhousing is also incorrect.  C60R-D should be what it has.

-Keith