News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1965 289 Cobra CSX 2588 at Upcoming Mecum auction

Started by CSX 4133, December 19, 2018, 10:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

427heaven

Here's a little side note to this beautiful car-  Around 1981 I was driving up Lankershim Blvd. in North Hollywood and spotted a Cobra which I believe is this car. At that moment I had a Holy S... I cant believe it, I whipped a u turn to take a look. I was looking to purchase a house at the time so I was thinking Cobra or House? House or Cobra... I want the Cobra but I need a house, The owner came out of the Bank and we talked, I think the price was around 18k at the time, a hell of a lot of money at the time for a person trying to find his way in life. I couldn't sleep in the Cobra so it was off the table :'(  I reflect on those what if moments, would have been fun, but I found a few Shelbys afterwards to fill the Need for Speed. :)

shelbydoug

Quote from: 427heaven on December 20, 2018, 09:35:04 AM
Here's a little side note to this beautiful car-  Around 1981 I was driving up Lankershim Blvd. in North Hollywood and spotted a Cobra which I believe is this car. At that moment I had a Holy S... I cant believe it, I whipped a u turn to take a look. I was looking to purchase a house at the time so I was thinking Cobra or House? House or Cobra... I want the Cobra but I need a house, The owner came out of the Bank and we talked, I think the price was around 18k at the time, a hell of a lot of money at the time for a person trying to find his way in life. I couldn't sleep in the Cobra so it was off the table :'(  I reflect on those what if moments, would have been fun, but I found a few Shelbys afterwards to fill the Need for Speed. :)

You CAN sleep in the Shelby! GOOD decision!  8)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Greg

Quote from: shelbydoug on December 21, 2018, 07:16:04 AM

But you can't drive a house....  should have bought the cobra :-)
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

427heaven

I have slept in the SHELBYs a couple of times when I was younger but not so much over the last few years. The FUN-OMETER would be pegged on HIGH with the COBRA not so much on the house :-[ I try to focus on a balanced life what ever that is? Real fast cars and fast women would be a no no for most men ;D Real fast cars and a NORMAL home life works better for most, myself included. Enjoy what you got, enjoy your family and friends, and don't obsess on what could have been. Merry Christmas everyone! :)

shelbydoug

Quote from: Greg on December 21, 2018, 08:33:43 AM
Quote from: shelbydoug on December 21, 2018, 07:16:04 AM

But you can't drive a house....  should have bought the cobra :-)

Sure you can, but they handle like do-do.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

sfm5s081

This car has been at auction a few times recently?

Dan Case

Quote from: sfm5s081 on December 24, 2018, 08:02:59 AM
This car has been at auction a few times recently?

I think the price point is probably the reason it has stayed available a little while.
Dan Case
1964 Cobra owner since 1983, Cobra crazy since I saw my first one in the mid 1960s in Huntsville, AL.

Cobra Ned

There's a second thread on this car that has further information about it...

marklotus

CSX2588 did not sell for an "all-in" price if $1,000,000 at Kissimmee in 2018 and did not sell for $950,000 at Monterey.

Bigfoot

^^
Probably because we can't sleep in it comfortably
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI