News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Instrument lenses

Started by Corey Bowcutt, December 26, 2018, 02:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corey Bowcutt

I am switching out the instrument bezel on my 1968 Shelby and am finding cracks around the outside of some of my lenses.  Does anyone have any experience with the repro instrument lenses?  Are there any that are better than others?  Is there anyone out there that has any NOS lenses available?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Corey Bowcutt on December 26, 2018, 02:09:39 PM
I am switching out the instrument bezel on my 1968 Shelby and am finding cracks around the outside of some of my lenses.  Does anyone have any experience with the repro instrument lenses?  Are there any that are better than others?  Is there anyone out there that has any NOS lenses available?
You can sometimes find NOS lens but rarely can you find the clock lens. If you go with a repro clock lens you have to sacrifice another NOS lens to rob the center from. The repro centers do not match well with the genuine Ford ones.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby