Author Topic: Making a contribution  (Read 3778 times)

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
Making a contribution
« on: January 01, 2019, 12:14:50 PM »
...as opposed to just posting ....

Oh well, it's a new year , no time for petty grievances until the next Festivus!

Hey, the new Coralsnake updates are ready. The world's most dynamic Shelby website. Voted the "Best Shelby Website" 19 years in a row!

I have a new dealer article started for Pletcher Ford. I have updated several other dealer articles. Over 30 dealer articles and counting. You won’t find these anywhere else.

Information on the best 1968 Shelbys, EFI, the Green Hornet, Little Red and more. Where else will you find a record of every SAAC Champion since 1997 ?  Who else has covered the most significant history of Shelby engineering cars ?

www.thecoralsnake.com/new

I will start work on the April pages asap!

« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 12:45:28 PM by Coralsnake »

propayne

• View Profile
Re: Making a contribution
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 12:24:57 PM »
Cheers and Happy New Year Pete!

And thanks for all that you do for the hobby.

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 01:19:01 PM »
Happy New Years to you Pete.

Yes a great web site - information - and history

Thanks for all the efforts and the sharing
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 01:58:33 PM »
Your data has definitely helped me out over the years. Thank you for your effeorts.

Now let me help you out. The standard aluuminum Festivus pole is only 6 feet in length and is designed for New York winters. You need to get the northern climate extension and the powdered coated applied grip option would also be recommended. You will never get that thing unstuck out of the glacier if you don't. Not until August or so anyway?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Side-Oilers

• SAAC Member
  • SAAC member since 1981.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2019, 04:30:09 PM »
Happy New Year, Pete. 
My KR and I thank you for everything I've learned from you. 
Van
Current:
2006 FGT. Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs, 3.90 gears. 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra. 482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Formerly:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model 3-spd stick

Corey Bowcutt

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2019, 06:28:23 PM »
Pete,  I visit your website on a regular basis.  It is an amazing wealth of information.  I truly appreciate all the help you have provided me in the three years I have been in the hobby.  I just hope to be able to meet you some day.

Corey

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2019, 07:18:56 AM »
Thank you, I appreciate feedback

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

• SAAC Member
  • “Drive it like you stole it”
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2019, 07:28:03 AM »
Pete Disher has forgotten more than most of us will ever know
Shelby owners owe a lot to guys like him
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

kjspeed

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2019, 08:12:26 AM »
Many thanks Pete - your website is filled with great information and I visit regularly however, I can't find the Festivus link. I disagree with Doug. I'm the original owner of an 8 foot Festivus pole, not a 6 footer like he has. I believe his was shortened at some point, possibly by a previous owner. And I'm quite sure the poles were NEVER powder coated, they should have a natural aluminum finish. Now if someone wants to make a Day 2 pole, that is their business, but I think someone needs to keep track of exactly how they left the factory. By the way, mine did have the "Caution Fan" sticker on it (an 8 foot pole will stop a ceiling fan in it's tracks).  ;) ~Kevin
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2019, 09:42:31 AM »
Many thanks Pete - your website is filled with great information and I visit regularly however, I can't find the Festivus link. I disagree with Doug. I'm the original owner of an 8 foot Festivus pole, not a 6 footer like he has. I believe his was shortened at some point, possibly by a previous owner. And I'm quite sure the poles were NEVER powder coated, they should have a natural aluminum finish. Now if someone wants to make a Day 2 pole, that is their business, but I think someone needs to keep track of exactly how they left the factory. By the way, mine did have the "Caution Fan" sticker on it (an 8 foot pole will stop a ceiling fan in it's tracks).  ;) ~Kevin

What is the serial number of your pole? This is probably an early/late, running change thing. I think mine might be a "leftover?"
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

kjspeed

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2019, 10:14:13 AM »

What is the serial number of your pole? This is probably an early/late, running change thing. I think mine might be a "leftover?"

Or a carryover/continuation prototype?
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

Mikelj5S230

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2019, 10:19:44 AM »
Thanks, good of you to keep the info out there and up to date.
Formerly known as CorvetteMike.

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2019, 10:29:52 AM »

Or a carryover/continuation prototype?

A Registry is obviously needed. These should be documented now before Pookie gets a hold of them?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

CharlesTurner

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2019, 10:41:36 AM »
Cool to see the 2152 story from Al.  I've owned it for over 2 years now, it's being updated/refreshed and will be even better than it was before!  Will provide pics when it's finished, which should be very soon.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2019, 12:03:31 PM »
You are always welcome to update the story! I thiink people like seeing the journey of others. Mine was 20 plus years.