News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

FS Windshield Date 7G - Late 67, Early 68 - $125

Started by TJinSA, January 19, 2019, 10:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJinSA

$125 SUN-X, SUN VISOR, Dated 7G, Nashville plant Carlite. 51 1/2 years old, no more than 16k miles. I did not clean before picture. Still installed, awaiting buyer.  A couple of stories describing this windshield; take your pick:

1.  A large, loaded Canadian goose had just finished successfully dive bombing the Corvette convertible leading my car down PCH-1, but was unable to pull up soon enough to avoid my car.  Goose down not included in sale.

2. Ray Wolfe, Ray's Hi-Performance (formerly manager of Hi-Performance Motors, yes, THAT Hi-Performance Motors) purchased my car in late Sept 1967.  It's late, initial sale was due to some damage to the '66 to include a damaged windshield. 

Last recorded mileage before Ray's purchase was 22.8k miles; car currently has about 38k miles. No streaks, scratches, rubs, repairs, bulls-eyes, significant chips or flakes; just average wear for windshield with this number of miles.  Looking to put a date-coded windshield in my car-- going repop. 

$125 plus ride and insurance. Tom Kubler San Antonio, TX 160 character text to 80sicks-3too4-30for3 or message tjinsaATyahoodotcom. price will be adjusted as market established, but if I say it's yours; it's yours.  I'm in no rush to remove the glass, I can hold on to it for an extended period of time before I start my own repaint. Will ship in same material my new windshield arrives in.
Tom Kubler
6S296

TJinSA

Tom Kubler
6S296

CharlesTurner

Does this windshield have the '68 mount glued to it?  Wondering since the 7G date.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

TJinSA

I don't recall ever seeing the later mount on it; I still use the original.  I will recheck to see it there is any residue, and check back with you.
Tom Kubler
6S296