News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1966 Hipo Fan Date Code Questions

Started by OldGuy, February 02, 2018, 10:22:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldGuy

Guys, I've listed my J64-dated Hipo fan in the Swap Meet section in hopes of trading it to someone that has a fan more suited to my application, i.e. a fan dated in the H/J/K65 time frame (my engine assembly date is November 2, 1965).

My questions are:

Am I searching for non existent date-coded fans? Is this another item that falls in the category of a "batch" manufactured part due to relatively low production needs (like air cleaner bases)?

If so, what are your opinions regarding a "correct" fan date for my application?

What does YOUR car have for a fan date in the same time frame that my engine was assembled?

Any/all help would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Frank

s2ms

Frank,

I have seen a number of J65 dated fans so they are out there, don't recall seeing H or K.

The original fan on 6S1757, late March 66 SJ build, is dated A66. The original block is gone but I believe it would have had a mid-Feb. 66 assembly date from what I have researched.

Dave
Dave - 6S1757

SFM6S1348

Frank,
6S1348 with a build date late Feb has a fan date is J65. It came on the car but I do not know if it is original.
Front balancer is dated A6.

Les 1348
...found 6S1348 after a full year of searching. It was in a garage I passed every day on the way to work. I looked at cars in front yards, back yards, storage garages, in fields, and under trees. I found a 65 that had hit a tree and was bent all the way to the back...