News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Bought a 1:18 scale reminder of what I have hidden in the garage

Started by deathsled, January 30, 2019, 12:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

I could not resist. My plan will be to create a desert diorama of black asphalt and sand to mimic my painting I had done by Ruben Duran...
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

6S1568

Cool model, please post a photo of your diorama when finished!

6s1640

Hi Deathsled,

Will you pull the quarter window covers and add side scoops?

Cory

deathsled

I will post the diorama of course.   I am car 843.  The model is car 564 I believe.  It was originally a black and gold car from what I can tell in the Registry.

98SVT - was 06GT

You're good with the R Model apron. 843 had one when it had its Meier flares.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

deathsled

I may consider an R model apron at some point.  Incidentally, I just reported the information on 843 to the Registry and tried to be as accurate as possible.  No Le Mans stripes originally and so on from what I recall of when you stripped down the paint finding none on the original red underneath a repaint.  I forgot to mention the mico piggy back brake booster  damned!  Just remembered now.  It sits in my closet along with the original 289.

6s1640

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: deathsled on January 30, 2019, 08:51:47 PM
I may consider an R model apron at some point.  Incidentally, I just reported the information on 843 to the Registry and tried to be as accurate as possible.  No Le Mans stripes originally and so on from what I recall of when you stripped down the paint finding none on the original red underneath a repaint.  I forgot to mention the mico piggy back brake booster  damned!  Just remembered now.  It sits in my closet along with the original 289.
The invoice also shows no LeMans stripes. I did find a piece of the gold tape on the back side on the door. The second paint job was genuine candy apple red. Translucent red paint over a silver basecoat. I think the master cylinder was listed on the invoice. The car still had it's original rear brake shoes.

deathsled

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on January 30, 2019, 11:20:06 PM
The invoice also shows no LeMans stripes. I did find a piece of the gold tape on the back side on the door. The second paint job was genuine candy apple red. Translucent red paint over a silver basecoat. I think the master cylinder was listed on the invoice. The car still had it's original rear brake shoes.
I kept the automatic transmission that came with 843 but I think the original C is long gone.  It has an A on the plate.  But I'm okay with my Ford toploader with Richmond gears that came out of Klutt's racing Hertz.

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: deathsled on January 30, 2019, 11:36:49 PM
Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on January 30, 2019, 11:20:06 PM
I kept the automatic transmission that came with 843 but I think the original C is long gone.  It has an A on the plate.  But I'm okay with my Ford toploader with Richmond gears that came out of Klutt's racing Hertz.
I changed to a 4 speed and later used that trans in a 65 I built. The auto was a firm shifting one. I suspect it was "upgraded" when it was rebuilt/swapped.

deathsled

Quote from: 6s1640 on January 30, 2019, 02:16:17 PM
Hi Deathsled,

Will you pull the quarter window covers and add side scoops?

Cory
Just keeping the model as is. It is a close resemblance to my Hertz. I may put an R Model balance on mine some day. Perhaps...

98SVT - was 06GT

I bought a Lane 1:24 Red/Gold Hertz. I'd like to have found 843 out of 1000. I also found a little red gold Johnny Lightning 1 of 5000.

deathsled

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on February 01, 2019, 12:47:27 AM
I bought a Lane 1:24 Red/Gold Hertz. I'd like to have found 843 out of 1000. I also found a little red gold Johnny Lightning 1 of 5000.
That would have been a tough one to get the exact number of 843 but it may be out there somewhere on a shelf.