News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Factory '65 Falcon Hipo-1 of 7

Started by OldGuy, December 28, 2018, 03:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

very cool.  Big fan of 65 Falcons and Cyclones.

camp upshur

This is where the loss of the 'HiPo K Exchange Forum' is especially poignant.
Bob Mannel was pretty clear there was no such animal.........

honker

This is off a Canadian forum, regarding the link to the Hotrod.com piece in the first post. I'm not sure what publication this is from, but it shows the car for sale, looks like the initial post was June 3rd. 2011, posted in August of 2017. with a comment.

Mike

shelbydoug

To me, that is a C code 289, not a K. The way that we understand the term here, it goes by the engine code. I don't agree that Fords are built that differently in Canada then in the US. In fact there is no 100% Canadian or US car. Parts are from both countries and assembled in different locations. Where do you think a 351 Windsor was built? Windsor Texas?

I'd want to see a Marti report on the car and would want to know if Marti has info on "Canadian Fords". Even so, what's the big deal on a K vs. C build? K cars are grossly over rated to begin with.

Now if you told me that it was built by Ford with a GT40 4 bolt block and GT40 heads, and can prove that, I'd be listening but still, it's just a 289. I would expect though that it would have had to go through one of Ford's race car sub-contractors like Kar Kraft.

I'm not even sure it is possible for Ford to build just 7 cars scattered across the production year. They have difficulty in build groups of 500 at a time.

Unfortunately, I think that this particular car is more of a Canadian Urban legend then anything else? However, for some, that may be enough. Seems to be a nice kool car!
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

thefordshow

...came across this snooping' on the net. I do remember hearing about a few of these at the drag strips in southern Ontario

Sportyworty

Have not read the links attached above but  Teachers Pet is the most recognized of the 7. We had a discussion on the Boss forum here. http://www.boss302.com/smf/index.php?topic=60572.msg396942#msg396942

Chris, you must know Mark Willliamson in Ottawa with the Motown Missile. He is an owner and has kept the info up to date on these cars. My info from 7 yrs ago likely needs revision.
The TFFN Falcon News is the best site for info but Hot Rod, SuperFord Motors, Hemmings and Facebook all have discussions on the cars. I was interested in them when I had my Sprint in the 90's

http://www.boss302.com/smf/index.php?topic=60572.msg396942#msg396942

Sportyworty

There was one all Fiberglas AFX Falcon built by DST as well. Old for sale ad attached. If anyone is interested there is material to research no real mystery in the Falcon community.