News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Correct Mounting for C4ZB Grille Pony?

Started by NC TRACKRAT, February 06, 2019, 12:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NC TRACKRAT

Back in Forum 1.0, I seem to recall a thread about the correct or accepted mounting hardware for the C4ZB grille pony on a '65. Would appreciate previous contributor/s to re-submit.  I believe the replacement C8 pony had slightly larger diameter pins vs. the rather slender ones on the C4.
5S071, 6S1467

kingchief

Here are a few photos that might prove helpful.

Steve
SFM 6S406

Rickmustang

How about pics like that for a 1965 grille?
1965 G.T. 350
1967 Fairlane GT - 390 4-speed
1970 Mach 1 - 428CJ 4-speed/AC
1971 Mach 1 - 429CJ auto/AC
2005 Ford GT

CharlesTurner

Stan, I believe the mounting hardware are just the rectangular push on clips.  You're correct about the C8 version having larger pins and they also do not have the same pattern (wouldn't fit on a stock Mustang 65-66 fender)
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

NC TRACKRAT

Thanks, Charles.  I mike'd the pins on the C4 at .100 so the closest standard push-on clip would be a 3/32" (.094").  Trouble is, the clips are so small, I'm somewhat concerned that, with the "honey-comb" holes in the '65 grille, the clips may not be large enough to hold.  I wonder if a "miniature" fender washer in concert with the clip might be in order.
5S071, 6S1467

CharlesTurner

The small rectangular push-ons are small enough that they won't be seen.  The 2 in the middle should do a good job doing the main holding and the side ones just for stability.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

Brant

Stan,

Here is the only picture that I could find quickly. It's not great, but it may help you.

...and another angle. Again, not a great photo, but it may help.

-Brant

www.VirginiaClassicMustang.com

Subscribe to our Blog for the latest updates restoration projects and new parts information for 64 1/2-73 Mustangs!  http://blog.virginiaclassicmustang.com/

Like us on Facebook!  www.Facebook.com/VirginiaClassicMustang

NC TRACKRAT

Charles and Brant...Thank you!  Always appreciate your knowledge and resourcefulness.
5S071, 6S1467