Author Topic: If you could only own one car other than your daily driver what car would it be?  (Read 11445 times)

zray

• View Profile

In no particular order.  Jaguar D Type, Mercedes 300 SL or a '64 Shelby Cobra 289.

not playing fair.

"one other car" means one, not three. you pick three, next guy picks seven, I come back with eleven "one other car" picks, ad nauseum....

having to narrow it down to just one is what makes it hard.

Z

CSX 4133

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile

Ok, ok I meant I would choose one from those three zray.  I choose the D Type   :)

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
I need something that I can get roof racks on to carry my ladders and my Greyhound likes to go for long rides so it needs a back seat where she can stand up. I need a gps since I get lost all of the time. Something that can go off road so I can go around the traffic and get somewhere today...not tomorrow. Any suggestions? I'm thinking a Mini pickups ort of thing? Supercharged of course.
.    Toyota fj45 wagon (with a portable gps unit)

68countrysedan

• View Profile
1987 C4 Corvette with the B2K* option

* for those not versed in Bow Tie minutiae, this was the factory twin turbo option Chevrolet developed with Callaway engineering.

Hotrod Hillbilly

• View Profile
I would love to have an original GT-40 or the prewar Banger Hotrod I have now!
I love that roadster!  32 Ford?
Thanks, its an original old rust bucket 1931! not the fastest, but a lot of fun to drive and a little scary at 70mph!

aCMXCVIIIer

• View Profile
A Citroën Deux Chevaux with wicker seats.

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
A Citroën Deux Chevaux with wicker seats.

No way....
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

pchmotoho

• View Profile
Daytona coupe with a 288 Ferrari GTO coming in a close second.

Bigblock

• View Profile
Cougar 427 GTE

jguyer

• SAAC Member
  • Any man that eats chili, can't be all bad.
    • View Profile
If you're like me and have had a particular Shelby for a long time, you know all the idiosyncrasies of that particular car. Maybe you have seen, driven, ridden, or just lusted after an other car. But you haven't actually lived with that car. It's the question of the devil you know vs. the one you don't. (replace devil with woman, if you don't believe in devils)

What I would like is to have the resources to keep my KR convertible in excellent condition AND be able to drive it everywhere without any concerns.

"Never trust a man that don't eat cornbread, or a woman that don't cook it"

mark p

• SAAC Member
  • south NJ - Philly 'burbs
    • View Profile
If you're like me and have had a particular Shelby for a long time, you know all the idiosyncrasies of that particular car. Maybe you have seen, driven, ridden, or just lusted after an other car. But you haven't actually lived with that car. It's the question of the devil you know vs. the one you don't. (replace devil with woman, if you don't believe in devils)

What I would like is to have the resources to keep my KR convertible in excellent condition AND be able to drive it everywhere without any concerns.

^^^ Yes. I've been watching this thread, but am frequently subject to "paralysis by analysis" and can't quite wrap my head around all of the possible parameters and consequences?

I love my Tiger and have always said that a real Cobra and GT40 are dream cars.
However, in this case, based on pure enjoyment... I'm gonna agree with Rocket and say Grumpy's old '66 Convertible  8) - i think that blue is iconic.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 12:52:06 PM by mark p »
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

Stillakid54

• View Profile
71 scj convertible. Why: 1) my first car was a brand new 71 mustang, and 2) I never could have afforded a convertible, let alone one that can perform like a modern day high performance car...in a 48 year old package.
68-2766, since 1990
69-2524, since 1992

Rickmustang

• SAAC Member
  • "What's behind you, doesn't matter"
    • View Profile
If that pic of 1971 SCJ convertible is an auto, it’s my old car lol. Ford only made one.
1965 G.T. 350
1967 Fairlane GT - 390 4-speed
1970 Mach 1 - 428CJ 4-speed/AC
1971 Mach 1 - 429CJ auto/AC
2005 Ford GT

Bill

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
If that pic of 1971 SCJ convertible is an auto, it’s my old car lol. Ford only made one.

Wasn’t yours red on red
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Stillakid54

• View Profile

Bang on. Still runs like a dream (mind you it is -25 today, so it will be a few months until it sees the sun again).
68-2766, since 1990
69-2524, since 1992