News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

67 PlazaGlas stickers

Started by Shelby6t5 Mike HHI, SC, February 22, 2019, 05:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelby6t5 Mike HHI, SC

Quote from: Bossbill on February 22, 2019, 06:50:04 PM
Now he tells me.
I wasn't aware there were any left and had to pay too much on a certain bidding site.

This after getting sticker shock on shipping inner fiberglass quarters to Larry.

And so it goes ...

You didn't ask ;)

I'll need to have a lot more ordered to move forward. Looks like 25 so far.

Brant? Jim? Any restorers or anyone else let me know.

Mike

acman63

Having a reproduction part complete run already sold virtually never happens.   You have to roll the dice and hope you make $.  Ive got some parts that took me ten years to break even. I know Scott Fuller told me hes got some parts hes made that he will never break even.  I think I have a few like that myself
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

BGlover67

I will take 3 also, just for future use.

Brian
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Shelby6t5 Mike HHI, SC

Quote from: acman63 on February 23, 2019, 05:17:03 PM
Having a reproduction part complete run already sold virtually never happens.   You have to roll the dice and hope you make $.  Ive got some parts that took me ten years to break even. I know Scott Fuller told me hes got some parts hes made that he will never break even.  I think I have a few like that myself

I know Jim. Have done a few spec comm pieces and still have some very expensive 40 gig fiber items that may never see the light of day.
A few more and I'll roll the dice!

M.

Joebantelman

I am in for 6.  Restoring 1529 now.

SFM66H

I'll take 3. Looking for a '67 to put them on...
1966 GT350H owner since June 30, 1976

67KGTA

Bob Gaines

I thought I would mention that the Plaza Fiberglass stickers do not come on the early steel inner structure hoods or trunk lids . That circumstance of having a inappropriate sticker (no stickers on the early ones) is a deduction in concours judging .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbydoug

Quote from: Bob Gaines on February 24, 2019, 02:16:12 AM
I thought I would mention that the Plaza Fiberglass stickers do not come on the early steel inner structure hoods or trunk lids . That circumstance of having a inappropriate sticker (no stickers on the early ones) is a deduction in concours judging .

Thanks for the caution. I'm all 'glass'. There are going to be folks here that just want a copy of the sticker for their collection. I'm sure that the 'caution fan' decal is just prominent in your mind here and hoping that there isn't another infection of 'gone viral' with 'Plaza glass" decals?

Oh wait, sorry, that's my fear. No wonder I didn't sleep well last night?  :o
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

jswoody

Bob Gaines

Quote from: shelbydoug on February 24, 2019, 08:39:27 AM

Thanks for the caution. I'm all 'glass'. There are going to be folks here that just want a copy of the sticker for their collection. I'm sure that the 'caution fan' decal is just prominent in your mind here and hoping that there isn't another infection of 'gone viral' with 'Plaza glass" decals?

I have had the sad occasion to give deductions in concours and seen at shows others who have had the bad advice or copied others not knowing any better to use the stickers on the steel inner structure hoods and trunk lids . They are a nice detail in right context. It is meant in a helpful way.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbydoug

Quote from: Bob Gaines on February 24, 2019, 12:45:55 PM
Quote from: shelbydoug on February 24, 2019, 08:39:27 AM

I have had the sad occasion to give deductions in concours and seen at shows others who have had the bad advice or copied others not knowing any better to use the stickers on the steel inner structure hoods and trunk lids . They are a nice detail in right context. It is meant in a helpful way.

I have never seen your posts not be helpful. I have always seen them as positive. I can't speak for others.  ;D
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

1967 eight barrel

I'll take two.  I expect the one under hood to peel eventually. Now if someone would make Visor shoulder harness stickers that stay on the visors.

-Keith

J_Speegle

Quote from: 1967 eight barrel on February 24, 2019, 11:16:37 PM
I'll take two.  I expect the one under hood to peel eventually. Now if someone would make Visor shoulder harness stickers that stay on the visors.

Don't need one for your trunk?  Just trying to help in case you do
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge