Author Topic: 67 PlazaGlas stickers  (Read 22823 times)

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: 67 PlazaGlas stickers
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2019, 11:48:20 PM »
I'll take two. I expect the one under hood to peel eventually. Now if someone would make Visor shoulder harness stickers that stay on the visors.

-Keith
Read reply #7 so you can deal with your concern.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2019, 11:52:32 PM »
Bob, rubber or the usual nasty yellow stuff?

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2019, 12:02:38 AM »

Might try a high quality dual sided thin tape. Just an option
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2019, 12:23:03 AM »
I tried the 3M thin transparent tape. It doesn't work either. I did use it to attatch the door sill plates.

-Keith

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2019, 12:06:01 PM »
I use the contact cement (usually yellow) comes in a bottle with a application brush. I have used various brands over the years with the same good results (stickers do not come off). You don't have to over think this because it is a simple but effective solution.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Shelby6t5 Mike HHI, SC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2019, 01:11:57 PM »
From pix I have it would appear that they were on before paint, would a little overspray be expected?

M.

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2019, 02:12:23 PM »
From pix I have it would appear that they were on before paint, would a little overspray be expected?

No I don't believe they were always attached/located where overspray attached itself to the hood or trunk so it depended on where one worker placed the sticker and where the painter got overspray.  Long way of saying, not always.  But would not expect to see on placed over exterior body color
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2019, 03:35:47 PM »

M.
Yes they were on before paint. Overspray would depend on where the sticker was placed by the fiberglass MFG.prior to painting at SA. They weren't always put in the exact same place . More times then not on the hoods and the trunklids the stickers were placed close enough to the edge that they would receive body color overspray of varying degree.   

Joebantelman

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2019, 05:03:55 PM »
I ve seen hoods and trunk lids in black on the underside. Did they arrive black or did Shelby paint them that color ?

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2019, 08:11:05 PM »
I ve seen hoods and trunk lids in black on the underside. Did they arrive black or did Shelby paint them that color ?
I believe they arrived with painted black undersides as well as no paint bare fiberglass undersides from evidence and observations . Maybe they were intended to all be painted but because of time logistics (SA pressure for product) they had to be shipped before the bottom side was painted. Just a theory.

Fast Fords

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2019, 08:55:02 PM »
Here are a few pictures of my original Plaza Fiberglass stickers on my '67.

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2019, 09:30:54 PM »

Thank you!

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2019, 09:31:07 PM »
Here is one from the last run.  My hood and trunk decal were located differently than the post above. Be sure to follow Bob's advice and use contact cement.

-Keith
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 10:28:05 PM by 1967 eight barrel »

Joebantelman

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2019, 10:23:33 PM »
Great info. Thanks to both of u!

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2019, 07:38:34 AM »

I'd love to know if there is black paint under those stickers or if they were taped off? ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!