Author Topic: Sold, sold, sold...Thanks everyone ANOTHER RUG N1 For sale $1000 plus the ride.  (Read 3506 times)

1968GT350

• 604 300 2802
    • View Profile
Greetings All,

Thank you for your interest SAAC members but the transmission has been sold. It will be heading to its new home in sunny Florida this afternoon.

Rob B.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 11:41:33 AM by 1968GT350 »

TLea

• View Profile
Re: Yet ANOTHER RUG N1 For sale $1000 plus the ride.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 10:28:25 AM »
In fact that last one sold for well over what I was asking for it while some of the other less gifted experts hmmmed and hawwed about its tag.
Do you mean the less gifted experts that suggested it looked like a re stamped tag?

1968GT350

• 604 300 2802
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 11:05:22 AM »
If the shoe fits.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 11:15:04 AM by 1968GT350 »

Corey Bowcutt

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 11:15:34 AM »
I will pull back the curtain and admit I am the "less gifted expert" that had the gull to question the tag.  But I will submit below 3 pictures, the tag from previous transmission, the tag from this new transmission and a third tag found on a very reputable web site.  I will let other less gifted experts be the judge as to which one does not look like the others.

I am not sure why it was necessary to name call here.  There were no accusations of deceit or misrepresentation.  I thought it was a pleasant exchange.  I was unpleasantly surprised to see you refer to me as less gifted.  And if you were not referring to me but those that I went to for counsel I can only say you are speaking of some of the absolute authorities on the subject and you are really off base.

This forum is an awesome resource with awesome people.  It really hurts to see things stoop to this level.

Corey

1968GT350

• 604 300 2802
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 11:36:52 AM »
You are not the less gifted expert, you simply got some bad advice. Jumping to the conclusion that I was referring to you is a mistake on your part.You took the advice of your experts and that is a good thing if you trust them. I am sure that you have heard the expression regarding opinions, everyone has one.

1968GT350

• 604 300 2802
    • View Profile
Greetings all, this transmission has been sold. Thank you all for your interest.

I will leave it up to the rest of you, (the ones with nothing better to do), to prattle on endlessly about tags and experts and advice. While you are doing that, I am going to finish off my car!

Cheers!

RB.

TLea

• View Profile
For those of you reading and this thread not making sense is because apparently OP deleted original post. Here's what happened
OP had transmission that had what appeared to be a restamped ID tag. A potential buyer forwarded pictures to several knowledgeable people who identified the tag as likely phony. OP should have let it go but couldn't resist trying to slam those that exposed him by referring to them in a derogatory way.
Rob if you delete this from this thread again I will start a new thread you can't touch and will be there for posterity

TLea

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 12:50:24 PM »
I am sure that you have heard the expression regarding opinions, everyone has one.
And I'm sure you know the one about advice from fools......
Fraud is criminal

1968GT350

• 604 300 2802
    • View Profile
Hi Tim,

I have long suspected that you are one of those people who has nothing better to do with your time then become the self appointed expert on everything. I must thank you for proving it  to me in stunning and public fashion, so yes, thank you for that. Apparently you also fancy yourself as a toploader tag CSI expert, good for you. Perhaps you should avail yourself to the FBI or some other important sounding investigative agency where your talents and interests are better served.

It is interesting to me that you accuse me of fraud, I have neither the inclination, the desire or, for that matter, the skill or resources to manufacture such things. Also, why would a person that was trying to defraud another person; a. advertise that part here for sale in a tank so ripe with fish like you begging for the opportunity to show the world how clever they are, and; b. advertise that part with clear and crisp pictures of the "fraudulent" tag in the first place? Do you know what else is criminal Mr Lea? Accusing people of committing fraud which of course, cements you firmly in the fool category. Troll somebody else please, I have no tolerance for your kind.

Rob B.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 02:54:55 PM by 1968GT350 »

Forum Guide

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thread is closed... just drop it. ...thanks