News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

I am not a "newbie" thread.

Started by QuickSilverShelby, February 06, 2018, 08:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFM5S000

Quote from: shelbydoug on February 08, 2018, 04:09:37 PM
Quote from: SFM5S000 on February 08, 2018, 01:05:33 PM
In regards to the title of this thread or post. All the regular posters and  "informed SME's" (subject matter experts) are already known. The Bob Gaines, gt350hr (Randy Gillis) Coralsnake (Pete Disher) acman63, rr64, Jeff Speegle, tlea and many many more. With previous posts 1000+ to well beyond 10k+ are acknowledged without having to say who they are on the New forum.
Everyone has a certain writing style from shelbydoug, myself, Bigfoot and vernestes.
My recommendation is just continue doing what you normally do and not worry. Have you ever noticed at the bottom as to who is on? Guests vs Users? The percentage of guests is normally 3 to 5 times+ more.
All the regular forum members are already known! When I ask, who is in charge or the moderator of the day to day posts regarding "parts for Sale"? You know who that is. Without saying, he'll delete your comments (i mean that in a good way) on a for sale thread.

And yeah... I'm now a newbie too.

Cheers,
~Earl J

I need to renew my drivers license. How'd they know?

The 48 IDA Webers told them... ;)

~~E

Don Johnston

So what is the "oldies" level that some want to achieve again? 

Doug C

shelbydoug

Well, I've never heard of a General attempting to hide in the ranks as an enlisted man but I have heard stories about Lt.Col's and Col's doing so.

It is kind of dangerous because the working soldiers view them as incompetents since they have forgotten the short cuts involved in the basics and tend to stand out?

I think that there is a little of that going on here? The draft dodgers who couldn't get away, currently working on buck private don't know what they don't know so everyone in their eyes is FUBAR?

I want my sidearm back.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

mark p

At this point I think that I'm just wishin' to be nubile (like Steve said)  ::) instead of a newbie
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

Jim Herrud

I am not a newbie!

Well, actually, maybe I am. I've been a member for several years, but haven't felt a need to post. Just soaking up the knowledge and basking in the glow of all things Shelby.
Does that make me a Lurkie?
Shelby Buff.
I used to be a "Vintage Car" guy. Now I'm just a "Vintage" car guy.
"There's never enough horsepower - Just not enough traction." - C.S.
Straight Roads are for Fast Cars. Turns are for Fast Drivers.

SFM6S087

Bill

Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

FL SAAC

this is a totally fascinating topic !
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Bigfoot

Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on February 09, 2018, 08:00:32 AM
this is a totally fascinating topic !

Is that your cooler of beer?
What do we have?
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Greg

Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

shelbydoug

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bigfoot

Someone sent this to me.

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

427heaven

Quote from: Bigfoot on February 09, 2018, 09:38:40 AM
Someone sent this to me.

Biggies... Parts chaser with  little flat tire action. As soon as the doughnut space saver gets installed he will be ROLLIN WIT DA BIG DAWGS IN DA HOOD. ;)

Bigfoot

Looks like the "Elco " from Street Outlaws with the proper graffiti on the wall.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI