News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Question 1966 GT-350 Side Scoop rivets

Started by rraceme, February 27, 2019, 10:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J_Speegle

Quote from: kram350 on January 03, 2022, 11:45:57 PM
Question? When the ducting flange pieces are attached from the outside, isn't it be possible to install the hose without removing the interior panel?

Drill the 3"+/- flange holes in the quarter and outer wheel well. Reach thru and push the plastic shield out of the way and shove the hose with flanged attached thru the quarter panel. Reach thru the outer wheel well and grab the hose and pull thru, then attach the hose with rivets, then rivet the flange to the outer wheel well....

Can't reach in the hole to guide the duct hose with my hands. Guess others may be able to

Still going to have to access the area from the insides for the scoop rivets unless the change to the exterior mounted ducts coincides with the usage of the plastic push pins and larger attaching holes discussed earlier

Sill more data that needs to be collected IMHO so we can weigh the findings
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

kram350

Friend has car SFM2249 which has outside hose installed flanges, so we discussed the reason for this. We both thought installing the hose and flange was possible without removing the rear seat and side panels. Since I was about to install the rear brake ducts on 2072, I reached thru and grabbed the hose  to verify if this was possible. It was. I have small hands an shinny arms. Same owner of 2249 owned a SJ '66 fastback (Oct 14 '65 build date), it had the interior plastic sheet.

FYI 2072 scoops were riveted from the inside with 6 aluminum rivets and hose flanges were inside the body. 

Tomdeg

Yes, but wouldn't the inner panels have to have been removed anyway to install the side windows?

JD

Quote from: Tomdeg on January 06, 2022, 02:33:05 PM
Yes, but wouldn't the inner panels have to have been removed anyway to install the side windows?

Certainly the uppers, but may not have had to remove the lowers as well, if the overlap/installation order was like the '67's.
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0