Author Topic: Does anyone make a proper ID tag for automatic transmissions?  (Read 1394 times)

TJinSA

• View Profile
Per the subject; no need to go much further other than for a 65-68 -era C-4 automatic.
Tom Kubler
6S296

6S1568

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone make a proper ID tag for automatic transmissions?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 09:16:20 PM »
Tim, I don't know of anyone who reproduces the correct tag. A while back Cory, from this forum, and I talked about it. I put a call into Marti Works and asked them. The problem for them was not enough interest or demand. So............we gave up. My tranny tag is missing and I'd love to get a replacement too. If anyone on here knows of a supplier, please let us know. Thanks, Denny   

OldGuy

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 04:42:03 PM »
This question, regarding automatic transmission tags has come numerous times in this and other forums. I've asked it myself and the answers have been the same. Kevin Marti states on his web site that "with enough interest" transmission and steering box tags might possibly be reproduced. I'm confident that the interest level is higher than it appears to be. I'm sure that many of us have contacted Kevin on an "individual" basis and not collectively. He has no way of knowing what the REAL demand is when requests only trickle in.

I purpose that we some how "sign up" as a GROUP for missing or wrong tags that need to be manufactured and forward a list of "committed" tag purchasers to Kevin to underscore the real demand. This list could also be combined with that from other forums to help make our collective point that we need transmission/steering box tags for our Mustangs and other collectable Fords. My gut tells me that there are probably as many missing/wrong tags on transmissions as there are on carburetors. They just don't stand out because they're under the car.

Any thoughts on the subject?

Frank

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 01:14:59 AM »
Remember that Kevin is just one place. Any of us could choose to do the leg work, put up the money and do this. Being done all the time.

This is exactly how many of the smaller and even larger businesses that serve the hobby gets started.

Who wants to be the transmission tag guy?  If you believe there is enough demand looks like there is no one in the way.

Got to be easier and cheaper to do these correctly than reproduce the early Autolite battery's

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Karguy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 09:10:22 AM »
I would certainly buy one if they became available for my 66. I know exactly the information it should have on it, right down to the date. I’m in!
6S281, in my family from 1972-1983. Back home January 2017, will not leave again!