Author Topic: Goodyear Speedway 350s  (Read 7566 times)

oldcanuck

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Goodyear Speedway 350s
« on: March 09, 2019, 06:16:26 PM »
So a friend on the left coast is looking at a '67 GT350 with big letter 350s on it.

He is saying there is no DOT numbers or date code...... pre-1971 ?   Is that possible......?

The picture shows the only numbers on the tire, other than size.

What do the experts say.......
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 06:31:07 PM by oldcanuck »
Bob
Knoxvegas, TN

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: Goodyear Speedway 350s
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 01:38:52 PM »
So a friend on the left coast is looking at a '67 GT350 with big letter 350s on it.

He is saying there is no DOT numbers or date code...... pre-1971 ?   Is that possible......?

The picture shows the only numbers on the tire, other than size.

What do the experts say.......
Reproduction/reissue tires have DOT numbers originals pre 71 do not. The tires will have a date code regardless of if early original or later reissue . Some restorers will grind off the DOT numbers the disguise a repro tire. I have seen some that grind off the date code also.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 01:40:35 PM by Bob Gaines »
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

oldcanuck

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019, 06:57:12 PM »
Thanks for responding..... do the pictured numbers mean anything ?
Bob
Knoxvegas, TN

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2019, 11:45:19 PM »
Thanks for responding..... do the pictured numbers mean anything ?
Yes,in that location they mean that the tire is like one of the current reissue/reproduction tires you can order from Kelsey tire.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

oldcanuck

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2019, 12:14:15 PM »
OK... great, I'm hoping they aren't that old and can be utilized from time to time.

I will look for other markings and post as soon as I can.

I appreciate the assistance.
Bob
Knoxvegas, TN

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2019, 06:54:47 PM »
Bob, did you get my PM about Knoxville?
RARE  Signature Delete

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2019, 06:56:47 PM »
Bob, did you get my PM about Knoxville?
No I did not get a PM.

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2019, 09:07:46 PM »
Bob,
Let me know if you got it, if not I will post it to you here. It is just about Knoxville in general as we are thinking of moving there.
Fran
RARE  Signature Delete

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2019, 09:33:08 PM »
Bob,
Let me know if you got it, if not I will post it to you here. It is just about Knoxville in general as we are thinking of moving there.
Fran
Fran, I can't explain why I am not getting one from you. I have gotten one from a another member earlier today.

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2019, 10:45:18 PM »
Hmm OK...Here is what I was asking...

Bob, we are thinking of moving to Knoxville. I have a few questions. Is it car friendly? Are there car things to do, is it safe for older cars and people? Are there events? What about Diners? Strange questions, but we like Mom and Pop Diners. What about houses, like can I build a large building to hold my cars? What are town codes like? Would there even be old buildings to buy that could store and work on cars there? Over all do you like the area? We are in Upstate New York now and it is getting bad here in many ways, it is time to leave.
RARE  Signature Delete

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2019, 10:58:08 PM »
Hmm OK...Here is what I was asking...

Bob, we are thinking of moving to Knoxville. I have a few questions. Is it car friendly? Are there car things to do, is it safe for older cars and people? Are there events? What about Diners? Strange questions, but we like Mom and Pop Diners. What about houses, like can I build a large building to hold my cars? What are town codes like? Would there even be old buildings to buy that could store and work on cars there? Over all do you like the area? We are in Upstate New York now and it is getting bad here in many ways, it is time to leave.
I would tell you if I knew. I live in Kansas City. I would start a new thread in the general discussion area with your question. That way you have the best chance for the right information. Best of luck on your move.

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2019, 08:30:00 AM »
Oh thats funny, sorry...good idea though...
RARE  Signature Delete

oldcanuck

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2019, 08:37:53 PM »
Well... the car is here now, and sure enough no DOT numbers or date code on these tires.

Is it possible to be on the in side ....?
Bob
Knoxvegas, TN

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2019, 10:22:47 PM »
Well... the car is here now, and sure enough no DOT numbers or date code on these tires.

Is it possible to be on the in side ....?
I suppose anything is possible. There is likely and not likely. Re read reply #1 for a more likely scenario. I thought I would remind you of another post that given the the picture of the number sequence on the backside of the tire you are beating a dead horse if holding out hope that the tires are vintage originals.

oldcanuck

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2019, 06:22:06 AM »
No I'm not hoping they are originals at all... just wanting to know how old they are and wondering if they are safe to drive on temporarily .... until I figure out what to put on it. Seems like the general consensus is BFG 225/60-15s ....
Bob
Knoxvegas, TN