News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

67 GT500 OIL FILTER ADAPTER ENGINEERING NUMBER

Started by Mike James, March 16, 2019, 05:22:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike James

What is the correct engineering number for an oil filter adapter for my car, built date January?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Mike James on March 16, 2019, 05:22:22 PM
What is the correct engineering number for an oil filter adapter for my car, built date January?
C0AE-A
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

cbrown

Did original adapters have engineering numbers stamped into the housings ?   

Chris

Mike James

Yes they have the engineering number on them
Lots of C0 and C8 versions

cbrown

I need to let you all know I thought you were talking about the oil cooler adapter for the a/c cars.   I had one laying on my bench  I guess I had that on the brain. 

chris

Bob Gaines

Quote from: cbrown on March 17, 2019, 07:17:26 PM
I need to let you all know I thought you were talking about the oil cooler adapter for the a/c cars.   I had one laying on my bench  I guess I had that on the brain. 

chris
Surrrrrrre . We believe you . ;)
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbydoug

I've got a C8 with a May  February 67 casting date.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bob Gaines

shelbydoug

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

shelbydoug

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bob Gaines

Quote from: shelbydoug on March 18, 2019, 07:01:09 AM
It's got the CJ oil passage
Others can hog out the C0AE one if need be . That is if you want to go the more difficult original looking route.