News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

FOUND! 1967 Shelby GT350 Barn Find - 1 of 1

Started by Shelby_r_b, March 22, 2019, 09:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acman63

Quote from: Shelby_0022 on March 25, 2019, 09:15:40 PM
Thanks Jim - makes sense, regarding the under hood markings.

Also, its pretty cool what you'll find going through stuff in an older car (as you all probably know).  I found the business cards pictured in a box of stuff in the car. 

I probably should know, but does anyone recognize the names / places other than Branda?

Rick and Barbara (alias BABRIC)   made a lot of repo parts back in the day,  Ron Miller ran Ford power parts - mostly big block engines,  Pete B  was the SAAC rep in Nevada and more famous  for bringing his wife to conventions with her hot pants and nylons,  Dirk G  is a long time SAAC guy and currently on SAACs  BOD
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

Shelby_r_b

Well, I had a FANTASTIC time at the Houston MCA National this past weekend.  As promised, I brought #2666 for her debut. 

The response was incredible, and it was great to attend a show without having to bring (or use) any cleaning supplies  ;)

Below are some pictures from the event.  The final picture is of my partner in crime behind the wheel, Steve Sloan!  Truly, none of this would have been possible (nor as much fun) if it wasn't for Steve's help / efforts.  A great time was had by all; and many, many thanks, Steve!

Next steps: cleaning and documenting #2666.  Let the fun...ah...continue! 
Nothing beats a classic!

JD

Nice photos, looks like a good debut.

Get some of 22 and 2666 together - the extremes.

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Shelby_r_b

A quick update - I started cleaning the car and going through some of the paperwork. 

Attached are pictures of the earliest and latest registrations I found for the car.  The first is from 1972 from the first owner, Daniel Mejia.  The second is from his cousin (the second owner) Robert Mejia.  Note that the Black Plate sticker is still attached to the 2014 registration.  It's amazing that Robert kept the car's registration current for all the years he didn't drive the car.
Nothing beats a classic!

rbarkley

Great documentation Ruben!
I bet you will find more when the interior is removed.
Well done in the sale of #22 and the purchase of this rare find!
Great meeting you at Mecum.
Ron

Shelby_r_b

Thanks Ron!  And, it was great meeting you as well.  :D
Nothing beats a classic!

Shelby_r_b

I started a very quick cleanup on the belly using prep solvent, and it's incredible to see the condition of the belly, as well as much of the original over sprays!

Much more cleaning to come.  :D
Nothing beats a classic!

Shelby_r_b

Its really interesting to me seeing the red body over spray shot over the "red" oxide (AKA, orange).

Its really cool to see the original drip marks on the belly as well.
Nothing beats a classic!

Shelby_r_b

A few more reference pictures:

- What looks to be the original AC compressor
- Original Cobra Intake
- The original / correct harmonic balancer for a HiPo AC car

Thanks!
Nothing beats a classic!

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Shelby_0022 on April 12, 2019, 09:52:08 AM
A few more reference pictures:

- What looks to be the original AC compressor
- Original Cobra Intake
- The original / correct harmonic balancer for a HiPo AC car

Thanks!
Compressor looks original but the the clutch may have been changed out . The brush type is more typical for these cars .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bob Gaines

Does the block have a C5 or a C8 casting number?
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

69mach351w

Quote from: acman63 on April 01, 2019, 06:03:46 PM
Quote from: Shelby_0022 on March 25, 2019, 09:15:40 PM
Thanks Jim - makes sense, regarding the under hood markings.

Also, its pretty cool what you'll find going through stuff in an older car (as you all probably know).  I found the business cards pictured in a box of stuff in the car. 

I probably should know, but does anyone recognize the names / places other than Branda?

Rick and Barbara (alias BABRIC)   made a lot of repo parts back in the day,  Ron Miller ran Ford power parts - mostly big block engines,  Pete B  was the SAAC rep in Nevada and more famous  for bringing his wife to conventions with her hot pants and nylons,  Dirk G  is a long time SAAC guy and currently on SAACs  BOD
LOL!!!

capecodmustang.com

I bought a 68 GT 350 a couple years ago and that was sitting for years...

I found some photos under the driver's seat of a previous owner's girlfriend.

You can use your imagination....

BGlover67

Quote from: capecodmustang.com on April 13, 2019, 09:41:03 AM

Prom pictures?

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

shelbydoug

Quote from: BGlover67 on April 13, 2019, 12:10:00 PM
Quote from: capecodmustang.com on April 13, 2019, 09:41:03 AM

Prom pictures?

Hum? Is she ugly? We understand that she was naked, but is she worth looking at?  8)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!