Author Topic: 67 Chrome Lugnuts for steel wheels and wheel covers  (Read 1574 times)

acman63

• View Profile
    • Shelby Parts and Restoration  since 1977
67 Chrome Lugnuts for steel wheels and wheel covers
« on: March 27, 2019, 05:07:00 PM »
I made a minimum run of these and have two sets left.  They are made using a nos lug as a pattern and machined to same tolerances . Machined ends with lines  .  chrome  done like factory  - The are shaped different than the 10 spoke lug and are designed to fit through the hubcap further.  They are $220  set postpaid  paypal friends and family preferred   check or cc  also taken  jim@shelbyparts.com    920 434 3645
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: 67 Chrome Lugnuts for steel wheels and wheel covers
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 09:45:33 PM »
Thank you Jim for making those special lugnuts available . I hope all 67 owners with hubcaps/wheel covers knows how rare those are to find. For those that are unaware they are dramatically different then the 10 spoke or 69 Shelby wheel lugnuts.  I have only seen 2 or 3 NOS complete sets in 40 years of parts scrounging.  I hope you have enough interest to make another run but I can understand because of the investment why you wouldn't want a large investment to sit on the shelves. I just wanted to say thank you for your commitment of providing them for the historical preservation of the Marque.  I know what little profit there is does not begin to pay back your time and research . Anyone that needs these and is waiting to finish a restoration etc. before buying them is being short sited.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

67KGTA

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 02:15:34 PM »
Definitely appreciate Jim taking the time and making the investment to have these parts available. The next related item we could really use would be someone reproducing the center emblems for these hubcaps. I've been looking for years to no avail! I actually gave up and just sold (4) NOS in the box hubcaps with the T-Bird center caps. I bet the proper 67 Shelby emblems would fly off the shelf like the now available Plaza Glass stickers seem to be doing. Again, I know these aren't going to be big profit makers but it is definitely appreciated to those who take the risk and return them to the market so to speak.

greekz

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2019, 02:41:57 PM »
I bought a set from the first run and the workmanship is excellent.  No plans to put the steel wheels/hubcaps on, nice to have them in reserve.
SFM 6S1134  '67 GT-350 #2339

acman63

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 04:29:59 PM »
if someone has a perfect example of one we can try to make the decal
SAAC Concours Chairman

JD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2019, 04:33:41 PM »
if someone has a perfect example of one we can try to make the decal

The emblems were aluminum sheet, not a decal also they are embossed (metal stamping die and printed on the stamped area after stamping).

From 67 Hubcap thread

Quote from: JD on July 25, 2018, 03:46:25 PM

just so some don't mis-understand I believe these emblems are aluminum but not "foil" thin - they are heavy enough gauge to be rigid. 

The only emblems that I'm aware of that were foil were the steering wheel horn button emblems

+1

Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 05:11:53 PM by JD »
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

alexgt350h

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2019, 06:09:35 PM »
Jim,

I still need a set of lug nuts. I'll contact you tomorrow with payment.
Thanks

Brent Alexander

acman63

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2019, 09:28:14 PM »
Ive worked on the Magstar cap emblems  in the past they are made similar.  but I need one to get the logo correct
SAAC Concours Chairman