News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Does anyone repair 67 deluxe door panels

Started by GT350DAVE, March 29, 2019, 12:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 67 GT350 on September 10, 2023, 07:45:52 PM
Plain and simple, where to go for the BEST reproduction door panel OR complete door panel for a 1967 Shelby?? Lets try not to get off track, I simply want to order a pair of panels and put them on my car where I will be happy.
I don't have a helpful direction to point you to. All the repro panels I have used or heard about have their short comings. I am aware of others who have similar experiences.  I and I am sure others  consequently have a hard time recommending from the available offerings.  None of the repro panels have the correct vinyl texture ether. Expect to pre fit and modify the clips on any repros you buy. With that said I would buy from a reputable vendor like NPD or Virginia classic Mustang in case the pairs you get need more help them you are willing to put into them. Maybe you will get lucky. Hoping for the best case scenario .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

67 GT350

RARE  Signature Delete

Bossbill

Quote from: DGSOH on March 30, 2019, 05:13:16 AM
(Snip)
I've made a template of the clip holes (because I had to, not because I wanted to) so I can re-punch the repro water shields and hoping that'll help me align the clips on the panels before install as well.

I noticed mine had this issue with clip location. Like you, I will have to make a template and correct the holes.
One would think this is the easiest part of making a repop... get the hole location right.

Instead of futzing with this I started work on the 65. I can't put it off forever, though.
Bill

67 GT350 Actual Build 3/2/67  01375
70 B302   6/6/70  0T02G160xxx

roddster

JD answered this pretty well.  But, just so the class knows this, the screw is pretty well shown in the Osbourne BODY assembly manual too.