News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Have a picture of how the upper clutch return spring attached to the firewall?

Started by cboss70, January 07, 2024, 06:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

Quote from: shelbydoug on January 18, 2024, 04:26:34 PM
Quote from: Bob Gaines on January 18, 2024, 04:09:22 PM
Quote from: rraceme on January 18, 2024, 03:32:43 PM
Members is the spring pictured in the 6th posting in this thread the correct styled spring? I ordered an NOS spring a few years ago but doesn't look like the one pictured in top this thread.
It may be NOS (New Old stock) but is NOS service replacement that looks different then assemblyline. It will work but has a different appearance . It should look like the one in reply #5 if you want a assemblyline look.

Only lately have I learned not to use the term "original" when referring to a Ford Service part.

Your term of "Original Assembly Line Part" and "Original Ford Service Part" are safer and more accurate.

I've had too many incidents were the Service part looks so different that it looks like a different application all together, i.e., they don't look the same. Ford Service Parts cares absolutely nothing about show points deductions. They care about function and may in fact have been updated or improved upon the original assembly line part.

Why should we expect anything different with this spring looking different?

I am a little confused about your wording but it seems like you are asking if the service part will work .  If you reread my post you will see my statement "It will work but has a different appearance" .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bob Gaines

Quote from: s2ms on January 18, 2024, 04:31:53 PM
This is the OE style NOS spring Cory mentioned in reply #5, it is the only one I've personally ever seen. From my observations this style was changed very early-on, maybe even before the end of 66 production? Bag part# is faint but reads C6ZZ-7523-C.
I believe that short but wide coil style was used at least to the end of 66 GT350 production.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby