Author Topic: NICE SET / Goodyear Speedway 350s  (Read 2735 times)

oldcanuck

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
NICE SET / Goodyear Speedway 350s
« on: April 13, 2019, 01:26:00 PM »
Just removed a set of large letter 4 - E70-15s from my GT-350

These were installed by the prev. owner sometime in 2016.

All are soft, pliable, no cracks, several orig tits still in place, nice even tread profile with very few miles.

All measure 10-11/32"      DOT numbers and date codes (52nd week of 15)on inside of tire only.

$250.- each   Shipping is yours.

Bob
Knoxvegas, TN

oldcanuck

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: NICE SET / Goodyear Speedway 350s
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2019, 08:02:31 AM »
.... or make a reasonable offer if you like.....
Bob
Knoxvegas, TN

oldcanuck

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 07:10:10 PM »
Guys,

These are in like new condition...... and they are taking up alot of room in my small garage.....

Thanks,

BG
Bob
Knoxvegas, TN

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 08:08:27 PM »
Just asking, but didn't you like them? I have a set on my 67 and since I have not driven it yet, I don't know how they work. I have a Boss 302 with the Goodyear Polyglas and I don't think they are bad. BTW we may be moving to Knoxville in the future.
RARE  Signature Delete

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2019, 08:39:14 PM »
FWIW, I drove the early 67 GT350 I used to own on two sets of wheels and tires: one set had the large letter Goodyear bias ply repops and one set had BF Radial T/As. There was a significant difference in performance between the two. I could drive the T/As with one finger on the wheel; the bias plys required a firm grip with one hand on the wheel.

However, the bias plys weren’t bad, just different. And, I did do some “spirited” driving with the bias plys without fear. It’s just a different feel.

Hope that helps!
Nothing beats a classic!

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2019, 12:40:57 AM »
Just asking, but didn't you like them? I have a set on my 67 and since I have not driven it yet, I don't know how they work. I have a Boss 302 with the Goodyear Polyglas and I don't think they are bad. BTW we may be moving to Knoxville in the future.
Many people keep two sets for the reasons  mentioned in the last post. You can drive on them because they drive like they did back in the day. We didn't think anything of it because we didn't have anything better to compare it to. You just have to focus more and it takes more out of you over a extended drive because you have to correct more.  For pleasure driving the radials are hard to beat all things being equal. It comes as a big difference when you drive the same car with the two different tires.  Tire technology is arguably one of the most advanced things compared to other systems in the car that you can make over the last 50 years. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

oldcanuck

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2019, 06:10:51 AM »
Nope.... I don't like them.   

My '67 is a driver and that's what I want to do with it..... drive and enjoy.

Someone is going to get a nice set of Goodyear Speedways at a great price.
Bob
Knoxvegas, TN

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2019, 08:34:25 AM »
Too bad they don't offer a radial version like the Firestone tires I have on my 67 GT, I bought the radial version and the car is a dream to drive!
RARE  Signature Delete

oldcanuck

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2019, 05:17:46 PM »
Goodyears are sold.

Thanks all.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 06:49:36 PM by oldcanuck »
Bob
Knoxvegas, TN