News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

67 GT 500 Brake Booster

Started by shelby1848, May 08, 2019, 08:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelby1848

Does the power brake booster have the Midland name embossed somewhere on the body to identify it as the Midland manufacturer? Or was a tag attached with C-4262-M on one of the securing bolts?  Recently picked up a booster for rebuild and was told it came off a '67 mustang.  The booster does not have any identifying marks to suggest it was a Midland.  For all I know it could be a NAPA brand.  Hate to send it out for rebuild if it isn't correct. Thank you for your help.

JD

Many variables, and other will chime-in;

Should have a tag - if it does what does it say?
any evidence of FORD or other logo(s)?
Black semi-gloss paint?
can you post images of the banding, joining the two halves together?
any evidence of a red dot  near where the vacuum port plugs-in?

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

shelby1848

No Ford or Midland logo.  No red dot on vacuum valve or booster body.  Is painted black semi gloss.  Banding is representative with a band and bolt and nut to secure the band.
I have another rebuilt booster from Booster Dewy in Portland and it has Midland embossed on the body but it appears to be a newer body with additional copyright numbers stamped on it.

J_Speegle

Its more of the design that identifies it from a Bendix booster.   Most notable for many would be the way the two halves are joined together. Other identification features such as the location of the check valve hole help with the identification. Other details can differ from what I've found so far depending on if its an earlier prerecall/campaign booster or a later or replacement (recall) booster

As mentioned the ID tag info will help identify and place the one your looking at in a time period and you can go from there but a picture would certainly help as always
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Kent

There was a very good yource or thread about that theme, anybody knows which one I mean? I cant find it now.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68