News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

The Ultimate Motor For Sale

Started by Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas, April 19, 2019, 02:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

My buddy is selling a 427 SOHC.
All the good parts, we are just getting to old to finish all the projects, so this one is up for sale. Includes a brand new BDS Air Lock 8/71 Blower and an actual blower manifold off of one of Tommy Grove's Funny Cars
$48,500
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Greg

Awesome piece...  Just a word of advice (take it or leave it)....your friend should really put it together and get it running with video and dyno, it's going to be hard to move otherwise at that price.  Most aren't racing these engines anymore and now they are just WOW FACTOR engines.  I know of a few of these engines that are original and running priced in the $40K range.  I hope he moves it.     
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

Chris Thauberger

Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

Fastback66

Sorry to say but the only people who really care about those engines are older folks like you...maybe a rare number of younger folks like me....new generations don't care too much about the history because they can get way more horse power and performance for a 10th of the price....thus the reason the 60's muscle car market is in decline.

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Quote from: Greg on April 19, 2019, 05:26:53 PM
Awesome piece...  Just a word of advice (take it or leave it)....your friend should really put it together and get it running with video and dyno, it's going to be hard to move otherwise at that price.  Most aren't racing these engines anymore and now they are just WOW FACTOR engines.  I know of a few of these engines that are original and running priced in the $40K range.  I hope he moves it.     
Was going to go in a 1969 Mach I bodied street funny car, we have plans for an old style Logghe style chassis and a fiberglass body. Engine is ready for assembly we just showed it apart. It seems like everyone who buys an engine, want to take it apart to "check it", hence it has not been out together yet
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

JacksFordParts

Those parts, that can all be bought today with the exception on the intake manifolds, add up to about half the asking price. Where does the extra 25k come from?

Greg

Quote from: Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas on April 19, 2019, 11:30:14 PM
Quote from: Greg on April 19, 2019, 05:26:53 PM
Was going to go in a 1969 Mach I bodied street funny car, we have plans for an old style Logghe style chassis and a fiberglass body. Engine is ready for assembly we just showed it apart. It seems like everyone who buys an engine, want to take it apart to "check it", hence it has not been out together yet

Steve, I absolutely understand the thought process.  I have done a lot of 427's, love them and follow the market pretty close.  Sending the engine to a reputable builder like Blair Patrick in the FE world and putting it on a dyno would help him a lot.  If he wanted to build it himself then he is correct in having it unassembled for review.  A reputable builder will charge $5K to assemble it (no parts or machining) and they will throughly document it, another $1K for Dyno.  He might consider offering it for trade in something he is interested in.  Just providing some knowledge for him to consider.
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1