Author Topic: Which of these two 2019 Shelby's would be better to collect?  (Read 230 times)

tesgt350

• View Profile
    • FRIENDS OF THE HAWK
Which of these two 2019 Shelby's would be better to collect?
« on: November 30, 2022, 09:30:38 PM »
For you late model Shelbyers......Just curious, which of these two would be the better one to collect.  OFF LEASE AUTO in Florida has two 2019 Shelby's.  One is an SAI Shelby GT and the other is a Ford Shelby GT 350.  Both have really low Miles.

https://www.offleaseonly.com/used-cars-/Ford/2019-Ford-Mustang-58e73caf0a0e0a947bffad4567f7ea40.htm

https://www.offleaseonly.com/select/Ford/2019-Ford-Mustang-6842c6aa0a0e0a9455f25f921e01ad9a.htm

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
  • original posts more than McDonalds over 1 billlion
    • View Profile
Re: Which of these two 2019 Shelby's would be better to collect?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2022, 09:52:39 PM »
easy choice the black c.s.m. supercharged car for $49k

the other is a facsimile from ford over priced at $64k

definetly would get a carfax or equivalent to see what damage either car has suffered in its short life span, plus take it and put it up on a lift to further inspect
These cars are meant to be driven so enjoy the hell out of all of it. Not just the look of it when its all cleanCS

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.It's jolted by every pebble on the road

Florida S.A.A.C Love All-Serve All, Take Time To Be Kind

I have a UNGOLD car

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Which of these two 2019 Shelby's would be better to collect?
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2022, 10:40:50 PM »
danger Will Robinson danger
These cars are meant to be driven so enjoy the hell out of all of it. Not just the look of it when its all cleanCS

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have a UNGOLD car

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
IMHO - neither is "collectable" they are both production cars. One limited production factory built and the other modified post production. Rarity and history don't enter the equation. The damage history would eliminate one for me. It might be fixed correctly but it's damaged goods that will always carry a penalty at resale. Being these are new "Shelby" cars there would probably be more insight to their following and worth on the Team Shelby website.

Car & Driver = The Shelby GT Is a Shelbyfied Ford Mustang GT.  https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a22761807/shelby-gt-gt-h-mustang-ford-2019/
Just some aftermarket add ons installed at SAI. No real performance/development work by SA --- Compared with the Mustang GT, the Shelby GT gets an estimated 480 horsepower which comes courtesy of a Borla cat-back exhaust system. Stiffer springs and anti-roll bars from the Ford Performance catalog also are included. Shelby’s own 20-inch wheels and tires round out the mechanical changes.

GT350 = True factory performance car with limited production and many factory developed tweaks. https://www.ford.com/performance/gt350/

I'd spend my $ on the GT350 and enjoy driving it. Just keep in mind that it was completely developed by SVT and badged to help with sales.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
" None of the newer cars has made any historical record and lives on the history of their ancestors. I'd liken them to 2nd or 3rd generation wealth where the children and grand children live off the good name and money their ancestor created."

I have a UNGOLD car

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
You can justify anything to be "collectible" . Many associate "collectible" as something that will increase in value as time goes by. Unlike the 05/06 Ford GT's the late Model Shelby's typically are still depreciating and not appreciating in value. The values are different but it is hard to say which will depreciate faster between the two samples. They may never appreciate in value. There are too many of them is one reason . Just my opinion .Others may have a different one.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby