News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

New 1966 Shelby Registry

Started by SFM6S1348, May 22, 2019, 12:05:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karguy

Mine showed up in Albuquerque on Tuesday and in great condition. My compliments and thanks to those who obviously worked very hard to compile and create such a quality publication!
6S281, in my family from 1972-1983. Back home January 2017, will not leave again!

In The Doghouse

Why can I not keep myself from repeatedly smelling my new registry?

FL SAAC

Quote from: In The Doghouse on July 03, 2019, 08:25:28 AM
Why can I not keep myself from repeatedly smelling my new registry?
it's the patented SAAC new car smell that is infused in the pages...
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

deathsled

Haven't received mine yet but hey, I was late to the party. I understand my poem about 843 made it to print.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

6S1568

Stan, I agree with you regarding the errors on page 23, but you were much to polite in your comments. Something like " Howard, Rick, why didn't you send a copy to one of us to proofread before you published it?" would be more like it. Grabber Orange? Raven Black not listed, as they say on Monday Night football   C'mon Man!  I hope the binding glue holds up long enough for me to read it. Thanks, Denny

greekz

Received in Carpinteria, CA today.  Corners a little bent, but overall in good condition.  Would pay a little extra for box shipping versus thin plastic that was partially torn.
SFM 6S1134  '67 GT-350 #2339

davez

Will they be for sale at the SAAC convention?
DZ

deathsled

Received my 66 Registry in the mail today.  In mint condition.  The photography is outstanding and some of it is quite dramatic with crashes and many interesting stories accompanying each particular car.  A hell of a lot of work went into this publication and I highly recommend it.

Best,

Richard E.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

pchmotoho

Got mine today. Info as always is great but the binding already separated and shipping was pretty rough. As others have said I would gladly pay more for better shipping

GT350Lad

Quote from: deathsled on July 08, 2019, 09:24:48 PM
Received my 66 Registry in the mail today.  In mint condition.  The photography is outstanding and some of it is quite dramatic with crashes and many interesting stories accompanying each particular car.  A hell of a lot of work went into this publication and I highly recommend it.

Best,

Richard E.

Agree Richard, love the histories and stories. Well done
6S373
6S1276

pchmotoho

As usual the content is outstanding.  I was up till 230 last night looking thru mine.  Saw a nice picture of 6S429 which I would see every now and then back in high school ( early 80s). 

Rocket

Got mine in Colorado today.  It is in good shape, and looks like a great read.  Much appreciation to all who put it together.  Ron
Original owner of 6S550. Owned since 1967. 64,000 Miles, all body original except hood and front valance. All glass original except windshield. Still has aluminum 4 speed. Has replacement Mico.  Also own 1966 Mustang convertible. They are drivers, not trailer queens.

SFM6S1348

Now that I have it I have  stetted reading through starting with my car.  I have found a couple of mistakes I would like to be corrected. I know we are not going to start over but at least a correction in the archive. Who do I contact? Howard?
...found 6S1348 after a full year of searching. It was in a garage I passed every day on the way to work. I looked at cars in front yards, back yards, storage garages, in fields, and under trees. I found a 65 that had hit a tree and was bent all the way to the back...

GT350Lad

Quote from: SFM6S1348 on July 15, 2019, 12:05:09 AM
Now that I have it I have  stetted reading through starting with my car.  I have found a couple of mistakes I would like to be corrected. I know we are not going to start over but at least a correction in the archive. Who do I contact? Howard?

Yeah Howard is the man
6S373
6S1276

shelby 711

Received my registry. Pleased overall. Great content. It was a little beat up. I also would pay extra for boxing.